New user) Kemper and universal audio- sounds thin?

• Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help me out
    Just bought the UADApollo twin Quad after hearing many, many good things and I’m buzzing that I finally have one now [Blocked Image: https://uadforum.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif]

I have a little issue though. I’m running it with a kemper- 2 xlrs out of the main outs of the kemper and straight into the Apollo... and obviously that is connected to my monitor speakers, rokit 8’s

Now when I plug the kemper directly into the rokit the sound is how I expect it to be and what I know from the kemper...
    But the minute I run the kemper into the interface and then through the monitors that way- the sound is all thin and alsnot sounds like it has a slight wah effect to it??
    What is this problem? Is it the xlr cables? The preamps? The plug in preamps? I can’t work it out!!
    Is this a kemper related or Apollo related issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Try to mute the Input-Channels in the UAD Console and pre-listening switched on in the DAW. Now you should here the sound only from the DAW. Expect some latency. Check for some AUX-Plugins and disable them.

• One thing you can try to find out what causes the problem is to record a track and play it back. Does it sound any different?
    If so this would prove that you are hearing the same signal twice while playing.
    In that case i would check if you have software monitoring activated in your DAW. You dont need that since the Apollo provides direct monitoring from its console.
    Or maybe there is some other odd routing in your DAW or UA console causing this. It is definitely not a Profiler problem since the Profiler does not distinguish between being connected to active speakers or the inputs of a mixer or interface.

• Yes! You are right I think- I did record something and it sounds different played back!! Still rubbish but the tone is a different kind of bad!!

I’m using logic.. even with logic closed I still have the monitoring issue though?

One thing you can try to find out what causes the problem is to record a track and play it back. Does it sound any different?
    If so this would prove that you are hearing the same signal twice while playing.
    In that case i would check if you have software monitoring activated in your DAW. You dont need that since the Apollo provides direct monitoring from its console.
    Or maybe there is some other odd routing in your DAW or UA console causing this. It is definitely not a Profiler problem since the Profiler does not distinguish between being connected to active speakers or the inputs of a mixer or interface.

• I just posted the exact same problem!:)