My Kemper has a problem !! How to connect with PC??

• Make sure, both revisions of Rig Manager and Profiler operating system are compatible. Our current Profiler OS 5.4.1 requires Rig Manager 2.1 revision.

Check in the Device Manager of your PC, if the Profiler is even recognized. "Kemper Profiler" should appear under Audio-, Video- and Game-Controller.

• My Kemper can't synchronize with Rig Manager. Are there some solutions? =O

Can you provide more specifics. What have you tried, how are you connected, what Rig Manager software version are you using, what type of PC and operating system are you using, etc. Perhaps most importantly, have you read the Rig Manager user manual? This is available under the HELP menu of the Rig Manager software.

Rig Manager main menu-->Help-->User Manuals-->Rig Manager Manual

This will open the manual in as a PDF document (you will obviously need a PDF reader installed on your PC).

Cheers,
    John

• i am on windows 7starter 32 bits

kemper os 5.4.1 and rig manager 2.1.26.13232

driver apears at device manager and when i plug the usb cable i can hear the sound of the hardware being recognized

when i try to test my connection or whenever i turn rig manager on i get a message like:

cannot connect to rig exchange server

i already changed my password and tried and connected through web without problems, it is only for sync rig with kemper that happen this:

connecting with rig exchange server failed, please check your online status

i am online, firewall is disabled, no success at all...

any help will be kindly appreciated

thanks
    Claudio

Edited once, last by szykman ().

• Hi Claudio, here's a few ideas...

Try a different USB cable or a different USB port? Is your version of windows up-to-date?

Any ? marks in your drop down USB controllers tree in device manager? Reboot your PC maybe but I'm sure you probably have.

Perhaps uninstall - reinstall rig-manager Or backup/reinstall of your KPA?

• Hello

thanks for you kind help

i don't think it is something with the driver

i installed and reinstalled, updated both windows and kemper

no matter what i do, the rig manager says (cannot connect to kemper update website, cannot connect to rig exchange)

i do not know why i need to be online to sync with kemper, seems that if i cannot test my connection then i cannot see my profiler?

anyway, the driver shows ok at device manager and under printer and devices

i already turned windows update on

reinstalled the driver with:

pnputil -i -a *.inf

tried to rebuild my

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

disabled all firewalls and protection plugins, gave EVERYONE full control of hosts file, either then if you open rig manager it issues an error that cannot READ HOSTS FILE (sure it is full readable by my user, all users, administrators, etc...) searched and attempt to recreate this file many ways and the error still remains

exchanged cables, ports

i will try under safemode

Edited once, last by szykman ().

• i do not know why i need to be online to sync with kemper, seems that if i cannot test my connection then i cannot see my profiler?

Rig Manager doesn't need to be online in order to sync with Profiler. And testing the internet connection to our server is irrelevant for that as well.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Rig Manager doesn't need to be online in order to sync with Profiler.

So i think in this case that the problem must be with the driver anyway

if i issue a "driverquery" command over CMD should i see profiler or kemper profiler driver there over the list?
    mine did not shows there, also says that no files are needed at device manager, i think that is the problem maybe...

i will keep trying, when and if i manage to solve that i will post here...
    thank you

• After a few days, many, many hours of processing i fixed the /etc/hosts

rig manager is downloading data from rig exchange and updates too

but the kemper profiler driver is not loading correctly

it is installed and recognized but when i try to start kemper service

sc start kemper

net start kemper

i got a ERROR 5 - access denied

if i issue that commands with Administrator Privilegies i got

ERROR 6 - undefinied handler

my windows update crashes with this

KB2685811

windows6.1-kb2685811-x86_4db620a8b8e85bab4822626530d01fd923c28786.msu

this windows 7 starter 32 bits package is installing but requires an reboot to finish and then it failed to register the service and reboot rolling over the settings

i diged the CBS.log and i will give up momentanly and try again later

it is something regarding my windows but it is frustrating so many hours and erros corrected and no progress with drivers

BTW i found this http://www.tweaking.com and they tool is an OUTSTANDING tool for fixing windows errors! highly recommended.

• There shouldn't ever be the need to use the Windows Service Controller to start or stop the driver. In your first post, you wrote the driver showed okay in the Device Manager, later you wrote it didn't. It should appear as "Kemper Profiler" in the "Sound, video and game controllers" section as a loudspeaker symbol without an exclamation mark.
    If that is not the case, try reinstalling the driver using the Device Manager by pointing it to "C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Driver, where the driver files have been installed. If that does not help, please contact support and send the files "C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log and "My Documents\Kemper Amps\RigManager\DebugLog.txt".
    BTW, Connection to Rig Exchange has nothing to do with the Profiler connection at all.

• try reinstalling

I once deleted the driver and the programm itself due a similar problem. After reinstalling it worked.
    I did not take care for a reason after success.

But as previous postings have already mentioned, you can only get real help with support.

• There shouldn't ever be the need to use the Windows Service Controller to start or stop the driver. In your first post, you wrote the driver showed okay in the Device Manager, later you wrote it didn't. It should appear as "Kemper Profiler" in the "Sound, video and game controllers" section as a loudspeaker symbol without an exclamation mark.
    If that is not the case, try reinstalling the driver using the Device Manager by pointing it to "C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps\Driver, where the driver files have been installed. If that does not help, please contact support and send the files "C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log and "My Documents\Kemper Amps\RigManager\DebugLog.txt".
    BTW, Connection to Rig Exchange has nothing to do with the Profiler connection at all.

Hi thank you Guys for your help

The driver showed as okay at first due to my Error Report Service WER was disabled, as soon as i fixed many disabled services, the driver could carry the code 37 error and the warning sight

what happens is that i do not have the update KB2685811 installed

windows6.1-kb2685811-x86_4db620a8b8e85bab4822626530d01fd923c28786.msu is pushed by the kemper driver installating and after rebooting it rollsback to the

wdfcoinstaller0109.dll and not the wdfcoinstaller01011.dll that is installed but missing the entry point

it is a windows 7 system update error and is really hard to solve

i will contact support and send the logs , i tried to follow another threads but even manually changing versions and testing many WDFCOINSTALLER and dlls still no progress in making the driver load without the Warning sight

again, many thanks
    Claudio

• So is the problem that rig manager can't connect to rig exchange?

Sometime I get the message that RIG Manager can't connect to rig exchange but when I look at the RIg Exchange folder in the left pane I see the more than 11k rigs there so I know the message was a temporary issue.

If you open rig manager and go to any of the rig packs, and double click on any rig, will that load it on the Kemper? I'm just trying to understand if the issue is only connecting to rig exchange.

• I once deleted the driver and the programm itself due a similar problem. After reinstalling it worked.I did not take care for a reason after success.

But as previous postings have already mentioned, you can only get real help with support.

So is the problem that rig manager can't connect to rig exchange?

Sometime I get the message that RIG Manager can't connect to rig exchange but when I look at the RIg Exchange folder in the left pane I see the more than 11k rigs there so I know the message was a temporary issue.

If you open rig manager and go to any of the rig packs, and double click on any rig, will that load it on the Kemper? I'm just trying to understand if the issue is only connecting to rig exchange.

Many thanks for your help

finally it is SOLVED and working

unfortunatly took me 2 days and a half straight to sort it

most of this errors were due to previous infections, security plugins from bank accounts and tweaks i made many time ago to secure the system

/etc/hosts was damaged at windows registry

tweaking.com fixed and then rig manager could sync with rig exchange

the driver did not loaded due to KB2685811 not being installed updating the WDF drivers

the CBS.log pointed to a 1083 error the same as the event viewer showed and the same as starting the service with

net start kemper

CODE 5 or 6 access denied or handler error

in fact the WMI instrumental managment from windows was corrupted and MOF files WBEM and others needed to be repaired

tweaking.com repaired but not fully proper

i remake after using some commands that i found at the urls i will post bellow

fact is that i updated my windows update center and it found 123 updates and tryied to installed all of then even saying that my settings would not be overwritten such as download and not install the updates, it acted the other way around it said and did tried to automatically update and upgrade the system and a blue screen error 00006b happened, boot was damaged, i restore the system to a restore point before and luckly after many tries i could re-tweak all the machine and make WMI start and finally proper install the kemper service

here is:

https://www.cb-net.co.uk/micro…framework-1-11-kb2685811/

https://www.sevenforums.com/wi…rer-error-80070643-a.html

http://www.tweaking.com/

https://support.microsoft.com/…ate-for-windows-vista-win

now rig manager says i have 1200 profiles at kemper and should not overcome 1000 but that is another storie

thanks again from your support

if anyone have some similar issue fell free to PM me

Claudio