Mooer radar

• They are not bad. Here are some tests I have done:

Real 5150 with an IR of mine in the Radar using the Radar Power sim:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Power sim tests. Don't remember which amp I used for this one:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You can get really good results with real amp and any impulse player. I've tried quite a few times and got great results, but then I profiled those sounds and they were still good, but when I try other Profiles using real mics. there's definitely a slight edge. So, for back up it can be great but it seems that I keep coming back to the same conclusion when I first bought the Kemper. The quality and variety already in the Kemper is unmatched so going back to other solutions ends up costing me time in experimentation and additional purchases that really are not needed.

• You can get really good results with real amp and any impulse player. I've tried quite a few times and got great results, but then I profiled those sounds and they were still good, but when I try other Profiles using real mics. there's definitely a slight edge. So, for back up it can be great but it seems that I keep coming back to the same conclusion when I first bought the Kemper. The quality and variety already in the Kemper is unmatched so going back to other solutions ends up costing me time in experimentation and additional purchases that really are not needed.

Of course I would use it just as an unexpensive and easy-to-setup backup. I'm actually thinking of getting the radar and one of their micro preamps, or just the micro preamp which in case my kemper failed I could use with my camplifire and my small 1x12 cab... Or maybe it'd be better to just get the mooer G-200... I just don't know if there will be much of a difference (soundwise) between the g-200 and the micropreamp+radar...

I think I'll post a new thread, thanks!

• Of course I would use it just as an unexpensive and easy-to-setup backup. I'm actually thinking of getting the radar and one of their micro preamps, or just the micro preamp which in case my kemper failed I could use with my camplifire and my small 1x12 cab... Or maybe it'd be better to just get the mooer G-200... I just don't know if there will be much of a difference (soundwise) between the g-200 and the micropreamp+radar...
    I think I'll post a new thread, thanks!

I'm also interested in the Micro preamps as backup. They are digital and so is the g200 but the youtube clips i heard, the Micros sound better but my guess is they should sound the same, then again I don't know if the g200 allows the preamp alone or it's mixed with some power amp simulations already which can explain the difference.

• I'm also interested in the Micro preamps as backup. They are digital and so is the g200 but the youtube clips i heard, the Micros sound better but my guess is they should sound the same, then again I don't know if the g200 allows the preamp alone or it's mixed with some power amp simulations already which can explain the difference.

Just got me the 5150 Micro and it's great. Bought it along with a Neunaber Immerse and those two Pedals would totally work as a backup for me. I'm surprised by the quality of the Mooer, as it's really sensitive to how I pick. Also I don't feel any latency.

Now I'm considering the Radar to make it sound even beter. I dig the concept, been dreaming of an external IR loader as it really makes a huge difference. Don't know why this took so long :) It was actually one reason to pick up the KPA after hearing the difference of my Engl E530 line out vs. the IR loader on my computer which would not let me use direct monitoring anymore.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I have read in 2 user reviews (german, Thomann) that the Radar produces a noticable permanent harsh noise in the background. Don't know, if updates will help or if this is a big issue at all - but just wanted to let you guys know ...