A ghost in my house

• I got the same static noise. I thought my FBT MA monitor was affected after all the start ups and changes in FW (finally went back to 1.04) but now I heard the same in the other speaker so it is definately from the KPA.
    Its not a clipping sound it is more a quite high and not tolerable rattle/razzle on all strings.
    I did not have this before trying to upgrade to 1.05.

If I turn the noise gate all the way down and turn off all effects, amps and stomps - it is still there.
    Did a Global reset - still there.
    I will report this to support

Mike

• I have that type of noisy unpleasant sound when using a compressor. Whether it is with Bass, passive pickups Guitar,or really hot active pickups Guitar I keep hearing it. It's not cipping it's just a 'geee' type of noise(surely I've tried my best to describe it :D ). To avoid the problem I now use the compressor available in the amp section.Without compressor I don't hear any noise (apart if I stand too close to the KPA display )

• So that's you, me and a beta tester. Good to know it's a small number of us. Fwiw, I've never gone to 1.05 and I still have it.

• I did notice yesterday when I turned off a cab that the profile I was using had some really nasty high frequency stuff going on, and that's not even playing, just a nasty high pitched whine and grunge. I presumed it was a poorly profiled amp thing (it was a user profile) rather than any inherent KPA issue. I checked some others and it wasn't in those. There was a fair bit of presence on the profile which was obviously accentuating the issue.

I'm not sure if any of that has any bearing at all but thought I'd mention it.

• Tried to downgrade to 1.03 - still there.
    Went to 1.04 - still there
    Tried to install 1.05 - after showing the count from 1-100 % it ended up with the frozen screen again. I waited 2 hours (went to work...) and it was the same screen when coming back and it has no effect if I push the upper right soft button as some said should be the solution.

The noise is not a clipping sound. More like a string rattle (but it is not) or buzz. I have tried several guitars and also guitar with noiseless PUs - no difference.
    Since I was affraid my speakers were faulty I listened in my AKG K601 - same buzz

Have another fault aswell. If I turn of the KPA and install a USB stick with the FW on it and push the exit button during start upp (as Kemper support says) the screen reports "SOFTWARE ERROR
    CAN NOT FIND USB STICK
    or similar
    Tried different sticks - same thing.
    But if I start KPA in the Tuner mode and then put in the USB Stick - it finds it and can install (except 1.05...)
    :cursing: 8o ;(

Mike

• Mike,

Try to separate the different issues. If the device is clipping it has something to do with levels (unless you have a faulty unit). Take a Rig (maybe a crunch one), put the noise gate all the way down, switch off all stomps and fx, put the clean sense at 0, the cab volume at 0 (not 0db, I mean no volume), same with the channel volume and the master. Now leave the clean sense at 0, put the cab volume at -10db, the channel volume at -10db and turn the master up 'till you can clearly hear yourself. If you still hear the clipping then return your unit because most likely you have a faulty converter installed.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Thanks for the support.
    I did already try to set stomps, amps and effects to off.
    Still there.
    It is not an ordinary "clipping" because it is not more att the picking/strong part of the tone. It is there as the tone fades away aswell. There is no in/ut red LEDs burning either.
    However I will try what you propose.
    Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Mike

• When the sound is fading off? Turn off the noise gate

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Nope
    Did not work
    Same razzel/buzz.
    However I managed to get it to load new FW from USB by putting the BIN file directly on the root and not (as the manual says) in the OS Update folder.

Tried again to load FW 1.05 in that way too but - no - frozen screen again
    Mike

• Just a thought, do you get the sound when there's no rig at all? (and how low are your strings setup?). If not then try with no rig but adding a compressor in one of the stomp slots and see if the sound is noticeable then. If so then does it happen with all your guitars, or just one?

It may be a faulty unit. Or it could be the Kemper, or it oculd be your guitars and pickups. Or it could be your audio interface, or it could be your poweramp, or any number of things. You need to go through and eliminate all other possibilities then see what's going on. Don't forget that the noise gate and sens settings re-set their values up as you change rigs unless you lock the input section. Finally have you tried going in to the amps and reducing the pick attack settings? (or do you have the amp section locked perhaps?).

Also can you link your clips that showed this (I don't see them in this thread), as describing the sound with words will never quite convey what it is you're hearing.

Edited once, last by Per ().