Got a ticket for a axe II about a month and a half ago and.......

• Yep late last year i thought i wanted a axe II, and yes there are alot of features i think would be nice to have here in the kemper profiler, but for some reason i kept coming back and looking for more information on this kemper amp. I got my ticket for the axe a few months ago, and found a video youtube that showed off all the presets, and i must say they have improved it quite a bit sound wise. I am pretty curious to see how much improved version firmware 5 has done
    for the axe, which makes it a difficult thing to pull away from. but from all the improvement the the vids i saw of the kemper just sounded more real then the axe. So I'm hoping this kemper amp can put to rest that a non tube amp cant be as good as tubed in my band mates ears, and when it arrives here in the near future, it will rock there socks off. I'm still rather bummed that i still am using my verve amp, and want a serious upgrade for that department, but that will have to wait a few more months till i can figure out the best route to go there. So the kemper is ordered, and will be in the mail tomorrow I'm guessing. Jeff from michigan

• All you need for the moment is any cheap pair of powered studio monitors and you'll hear the 'magic' of the Kemper.

Let's put it this way, the Kemper sounds even better in front of you than it does on any of the great recordings we've heard so far.

Enjoy it when it arrives.

• Oh no doubt! Jeff from Michigan I am Ken from Michigan and you made a VERY wise choice. You have yours on order but if you live near the Warren area I would be more than happy to let you hear how awesome this baby sounds.
    I've spent damn near 5 years messing around with the Ultra and II. It is a neat learning tool and, of course, all the musicians that use it are wicked smart etc...etc....but it did NOT provide me with the proper behaviour a real amp gives. It did NOT provide me with soul soothing clean bell like tones that chimed in harmonic richness. The Kemper is much more of a learning tool because each and every day someone puts up a profile of an amp that I've never ever heard about. Or some mod that's been used on an amp that I've never heard about. And I'll go check it out on youtube, listen to it, then say "wow now that would be cool to have". Install the profile and BAM! GOT ME A NEW AMP lol!!!!
    Have fun RicknGretch... let us know what you think.

CH

• All you need for the moment is any cheap pair of powered studio monitors and you'll hear the 'magic' of the Kemper.

Let's put it this way, the Kemper sounds even better in front of you than it does on any of the great recordings we've heard so far.

Enjoy it when it arrives.

+1

Upgrade to 1.05 as soon as it arrives, plug in your guitar, then some average speakers (i have two cheap Yamaha MSP5), and then be blown away.
    My (formerly) Ultra has never sounded like my KPA.

P.s: if anyone is missing the fluid attack of the axe just profile a two-mic'ed cab with revalver and then you have it. Then come back to the original kemper cab and ask yourself how could you play with that overcompressed sound...

• Yeah, after two months using the KPA some of the cab profiles still surprise me in terms of how much weight I can hear behind them.

I've used convolution and IR's quite a bit in over the past few years and it's not just guitar cabs which feel a little lacklustre at times. I'm not sure what the KPA is doing or if there's anything 'convoluted' about it but whatever it is there's a distinct increase in my sense of authenticity when working with it.

Most of my playing over the past 20 plus years has been studio and home based recording so I'm either direct into the board/interface or else in front of the control room speakers with an amp in the recording room. There has been more than one occasion with the KPA that I've forgotten what I'm using and been completely fooled into thinking there's an amp in the other room.

When I first peeked into a few guitar based message boards I kept seeing this 'amp in the room!' topic. It took me a minute or two to figure out they were meaning standing beside a roaring amp rather than the sound of an amp in the other room. :)

• P.s: if anyone is missing the fluid attack of the axe just profile a two-mic'ed cab with revalver and then you have it. Then come back to the original kemper cab and ask yourself how could you play with that overcompressed sound...

?(

You've Profiled a Revalver cab and added it to a KPA amp Profile?

• Yep late last year i thought i wanted a axe II, and yes there are alot of features i think would be nice to have here in the kemper profiler, but for some reason i kept coming back and looking for more information on this kemper amp. I got my ticket for the axe a few months ago, and found a video youtube that showed off all the presets, and i must say they have improved it quite a bit sound wise. I am pretty curious to see how much improved version firmware 5 has done
    for the axe, which makes it a difficult thing to pull away from. but from all the improvement the the vids i saw of the kemper just sounded more real then the axe. So I'm hoping this kemper amp can put to rest that a non tube amp cant be as good as tubed in my band mates ears, and when it arrives here in the near future, it will rock there socks off. I'm still rather bummed that i still am using my verve amp, and want a serious upgrade for that department, but that will have to wait a few more months till i can figure out the best route to go there. So the kemper is ordered, and will be in the mail tomorrow I'm guessing. Jeff from michigan

Hi
    I used my Axe Fx Ultra for one year (including 7 months Middle East tour of my Mr.Pollack band),and was pulling hair off my head to have a real amp feeling in loud band onstage situation..No luck...It was sometimes ok,but never great..Some plastic,stiff feeling,if you know what I mean..

With my KPA..last weekend I had three shows and every one was a great success, pure pleasure and joy at last :) And for the first time I sold out whole bag of my albums after the gigs,which always is an indication how I'm doing soundwise..Of course KPA still has some imperfections and bugs....but core sound is really good and I'm looking forward for dedicated power amp which I could install inside of this box,to have a nice stage package :)