Let us use the looper without the Kemper pedal board

• Title says it all, Let us use the looper without the Kemper pedal board . let us just use a on/off pedal

if you have a switch you can assign "loop play / rec /overdub" and "loop Stop" to this switchs (you will need two switchs or a dual one)

under System Menu:

Page 6 - Pedal 1 - Switch MONO - Switch Tip - (turn the knob to change from Rig up, Rig down, morph, etc until you find "loop start"

like that you can do it

under page 12 - you can change the position of the loop to pre or post rig (even grayed)

if you search for "looper" here at Kemper forum there are some threads about it...

you will not be able to use all functions the same as the remote such as reverse or redo and undo, etc.

• Awesome, thank you. I could of sworn I read that you had to have the full kemper pedal, or behringher to do that.... thanks again

• In order to make non-remoters happy, developers could consider mimicing Ditto looper behavior, which only needs one momentary switch to operate. ;)
    Just saying. I already passed on this feature request and bought the real thing - Ditto Looper. :(

Edited once, last by Peto ().

• If you are happy with such limited functionality you can connect a dual momentary switch like the Profiler Switch 2-Way and assign Looper Start and Looper Stop already today.

• I was not talking about such limited functionality. In the past days all the looper functions, were accessible through undocumented NRPN commands and those were working well. It was documented and proved to work. (RECORD / PLAY / OVERDUB, STOP / 3x to DELETE, UNDO / REDO, TRIGGER, REVERSE, 1/2 TIME). I may be wrong, as I don't know all the internals, but I have thought it would be nice if all those functions were accessible by simple midi commands (non-NRPN) by non-remote users.

But hey, it's your product and you can do what you consider is right. No bad feelings at all. It's great product with looper or without!

• I was not talking about such limited functionality. In the past days all the looper functions, were accessible through undocumented NRPN commands and those were working well. It was documented and proved to work. (RECORD / PLAY / OVERDUB, STOP / 3x to DELETE, UNDO / REDO, TRIGGER, REVERSE, 1/2 TIME). I may be wrong, as I don't know all the internals, but I have thought it would be nice if all those functions were accessible by simple midi commands (non-NRPN) by non-remote users.

But hey, it's your product and you can do what you consider is right. No bad feelings at all. It's great product with looper or without!

If you can send 4 midi commands CC at once, you do can accomplish that

• When’s the last time/last firmware you tried? I can’t get 1/2 speed or Reverse to work.

Hi

i am not using the 4 cc to handle the looper, instead i am using just the regular dual switch

i know it is possible due to this information:

Rec/Play/Overdub:
    CC#99 value=125
    CC#98 value=88
    CC#06 value=0
    CC#38 value=1 in red layer, value=0 in green layer
    Stop/Erase:
    CC#99 value=125
    CC#98 value=89
    CC#06 value=0
    Undo:
    CC#99 value=125
    CC#98 value=93
    CC#06 value=0
    Trigger:
    CC#99 value=125
    CC#98 value=90
    CC#06 value=0
    Reverse:
    CC#99 value=125
    CC#98 value=91
    CC#06 value=0
    1/2 Speed:
    CC#99 value=125
    CC#98 value=92
    CC#06 value=0

but i really do not know if the newest firmwares did not implement that...

sorry if i was wrong

Claudio

• Thanks for responding, Claudio. That’s the info I have as well, sadly :/

• Do I read this correctly that the Looper via 4 Midi commands doesn't work anymore? I'm running OS 5.7.4 on the KPA and I have a Mastermind GT16 footswitch that can send as many commands as I want. And for 2 days I've been banging my head against this otherwise fine piece of machinery but can't get it to work.

Thanks,

tom