Let us use the looper without the Kemper pedal board

• Hi Gizmo,

Thanks for taking the time to reply but I'm still not clear. I might add that I am not too familiar with Midi (if that wasn't obvious already). The GT Editor (midi editor for Mastermind GT16 midi foot controller) offers the following options to send midi commands after pressing a Button:

- Action Type: (CC Toggle, CC Momentary, PC, Note, System, Sysex)

- Device (Target devie. My KPA)

- CC Number (numeric value)

- Off Value (numeric value)

- On Value (numeric value)

I can't figure out how what you sent me would fit there. Are these NRPN messages? Could I send those from a Midi switch?

• I don't know what the Mastermind GT16 can send but this might help:

https://www.midi.org/midi/spec…1-summary-of-midi-message

(sorry for the HEX....I still think that way!!)

0xB0 is the first byte of 3. A (continuous) Control Change (on channel 1 in this case)

0x63 is the second byte, the controller number

0x7D is the third byte, the value to send to the controller.

You have to send 4 of these commands to initiate a looper command, substituting "VAL" on the second command

If you do a search on the forum (in case you haven't), you'll find lots of info about using midi to control the looper.

It DOES work if you send the right commands as I listed and these seem to tie up with what you identified above except for "Device" which might just mean channel number.

So maybe:

Device =0xB* where * is the channel you have set on the KPA

CC number = 0x63 in my example (different for each command)

Off/On value= third byte as above.

Don't forget that you also have to send the same commands with "0" after sending with "1"...if your pedal can send when pressed and when released.

( I don't know what happened to my sentence "Substitute VAL or one of these buys." ...obviously nonsense. Should have said

Substitute VAL for one of these values" damn grammar check!!!)

• Send all four CC numbers in the sequence provided. You don't need NRPN. Just send four consecutive CCs with the correct value.

• The commands I got from @nightlight are the same I’ve found elsewhere on this site.

1/2 Speed and Reverse seem to have gone the way of the dodo like Undo. If someone else has a newer command fro them, please share.

Updating myself for future viewers of this thread.

Some firmware version along the way, sure enough, all these commands work including Undo. :thumbup::thumbup:

• Just update firmware to 7.0.9.

Somethings changed and looper no longer works. :( (for me anyway)

Spoke too soon. I disconnected Rig Manager and it worked again...needs more investigating.