Yes - it's another case question - for major world touring

• so, I am transitioning my touring bass rig to the Kemper and I see a lot of case related posts here beginning with "well, I wouldn't do a WORLD TOUR with it..." or other similar disclaimer.

well, I DO need to do world tours with it, so I need serious ATA level protection that not only our own road crew, but, more worry-worthy, the local stagehands can't destroy.

I have the Powered Rack version and the Remote.

I'm thinking that an ATA shock mount rack in 6u would cover the Profiler (3u) and the wireless receiver and a power conditioner.
    But this doesn't leave a lot of room for the remote and I'm a bit concerned anyway that just stuffing the remote in there free-floating isn't much protection for its switches.

I've seen the Thomann case that people post, but a) it's in Europe and I'm in the US and that adds a lot of needless extra cost... b) it's for the toaster head, not the rack version... and c) frankly, that doesn't look like the foot Remote is all that well protected.

I'm wondering if the Remote fits inside the rack lid of a 6u case if I added the right foam cut-out, but that still leaves a lot of opportunity for it to bounce around if someone knocks the case over or drops it, etc.
    these things, sad to say, happen.

has anyone actually come up with, or seen, a solid major tour ready case ?

thanks in advance!

• bags, whether cushy or not, aren't terribly practical when the roadies are packing up in a hurry (often with some local, less trained, help) and everything has to go in the truck.
    A bag would have to go inside another flight case or trunk, and it just adds a layer of complication to the load out.

• World tour + Kemper + Remote = USB stick. Ever considered that (local) rental companies can provide your “backline”? I think your tourmanager will be very happy if you carry less kg’s into the plane.

• If you have so many dates, maybe a 2nd Kemper would be a good investment for backup. The Toaster could go in your hand luggage surrounded by clothes.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Not going to help with your rack but, for the record, my Thoman case came fairly quickly and protects the Remote beautifully. World tours are what this baby’s for.

Edited 2 times, last by Tramp1 ().

• For international touring I will probably look into whether the back line co can provide the Kemper so I can just bring a USB stick.
    I have a friend who does that successfully in parts of Europe, but it depends on what part of the world.

This summer we are out in the US and Canada and we take our back line with us.
    So I still need a solution.

I’m not sure whether permanently mounting the Remote to the inside of a rack case lid is better than trying to build a foam cutout or shelf.
    But thanks for all the suggestions.
    Keep them up!

Oh- I MD and play with Cyndi Lauper.
    We are out again this summer opening for Rod Stewart.

I think the only Canada show is 13 July in Quebec City (not with Rod). Although I hear a London ON show might be added.

• I always worry about my Kemper going into checked baggage, but shock mount takes extra space and weighs more. In the end I got the SKB 3U shallow rack which can go as cabin baggage. My guitar seem more durable than a delicate amplifier.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Thanks.
    I don’t have to worry much about size or weight (within reason).
    Whatever it is it’s going to weigh less and be smaller than a flight cased SVT head.
    I am admittedly spoiled (happily).

So shock seems the way to go.

Fwiw I’ve had issues in the past with molded plastic cases. Airlines find a way to destroy them. And road crews generally hate them.

Does the Thomann have rear rack rails as well?

Meanwhile I’m going to put in a quote request at Calzone.

• First of all....Cyndi Lauper ? OMG that's impressive!!

I would got shock mount for added protection - why not.

I would just get a good flight case for the remote. Do you not use expression pedals? If you have any other outboard gear then easier to have a pedal board unless you have any restrictions on weight/number fo boxes.

• First of all....Cyndi Lauper ? OMG that's impressive!!

I would got shock mount for added protection - why not.

I would just get a good flight case for the remote. Do you not use expression pedals? If you have any other outboard gear then easier to have a pedal board unless you have any restrictions on weight/number fo boxes.

I know, Cyndi Lauper!!!
    And I feel like a 54-year-old jackass, doubting WW’s world tour comments… Just shoot me, like an old horse…
    8|
    My sincerest apologies WW…