Connection to Monitors and Audio Interface?

• Hi, pardon me i'm a beginner at this.

Can i connect the Main Outs from the KPA straight to Powered monitors without an audio interface or a mixer? All the connection diagrams i've seen seem to at least go through a mixer before monitors.

Secondly, how do i connect the KPA to an audio interface? Do i have to connect 2 outs from the KPA to an audio interface achieve stereo? How do i do this?

Thanks for providing an answers to my noob queries.

• 1- yes, you can :D don't need a mixer
    2- either you use 2 analog outs to the soundcard or spdif (digital) in order to be in stereo

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• 1- yes, you can :D don't need a mixer
    2- either you use 2 analog outs to the soundcard or spdif (digital) in order to be in stereo

Thank you so much!

For 2, say i have the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, how do i achieve stereo recording? Do i connect 2 analog outs to both inputs on the Focusrite?

• Thank you so much!

For 2, say i have the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, how do i achieve stereo recording? Do i connect 2 analog outs to both inputs on the Focusrite?

Correct!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I had a quick look at the Scarlett manual, there was no mention of panning, unless I missed it. That might mean that the mono inputs stay mono so if you connect the stereo KPA it'll be summed in both outputs, ie a composite mono output signal on both output jacks.

That is if you're using it as direct monitoring, ie, not also sending the signal via a computer and audio card, which the manual says is possible.

If you want a stereo signal via USB into your DAW then of course panning can take place there.

I could be mistaken, though, I have zero experience of the Scarlett except thirty seconds in the manual. :)

• Well, off course you have to pan the 2 signals of a stereo device when running them separate. BTB... :rolleyes:

• Well, off course you have to pan the 2 signals of a stereo device when running them separate. BTB... :rolleyes:

Thank you both! i'll report back when it's done with the KPA, i'm quite confident it should work.

• Sure...but when recording the direct monitoring looks like it's mono only. To hear the KPA in stereo when recording it'd have to be routed through the comp/audio card with whatever added latency which that incurs.

• Sure...but when recording the direct monitoring looks like it's mono only. To hear the KPA in stereo when recording it'd have to be routed through the comp/audio card with whatever added latency which that incurs.

??Why? You have 2 couples of main outs, send the XLR to the audiocard and the 1/4 to the monitors.

• I don't see any way to pan the inputs on the unit, though, so it looks like they just go straight through in mono and show up at both outputs in mono. I was expecting to see some kind of software mixer so when both inputs are used they can be individually assigned to each output. That may be there but I didn't see any mention in the manual. Of course maybe each input is automatically assigned to each output but again I saw no mention of that.

• Page 9 of the user manual, config panel. You can set the inputs as 2 mono or 1/2 Stereo. Choose stereo and the outputs will be properly routed.