Twelve steps...

• So... I switched from a Mesa Road King 1/2 stack with a racked G System and a crap load of pedals to a Kemper & Kemper Remote. I was in a gigging cover band, so really only had time to get songs up and running while I was on the waiting list for the Remote. When the Remote came, the KPA was gigging the next weekend and has never failed me. (Thank gawd since I had no backup) I didn't spend a lot of time digging into the KPA. I've been slowly weaning myself off pedals the more I learn Acquiring rigs to better fit songs has helped too. Now "the band" is on a long break and I've been digging.

Shapers! Holy crap! Why didn't anyone tell me?? I just converted all the songs I was using a clean boost on to hard or soft shapers. The songs that a shaper didn't fix, Lead Booster did. I didn't "get" the Lead Booster the 1st time I tried it back in the beginning.

Not sure if there were exactly 12 steps in there, but I am now off pedals.

well there are a few specialty pedals in the rack for specific songs...
    Just sayin'
    Amp

Learn to Swim

• Whilst I've never been a pedal fan ( distortion always from the amp, no reverb) I'm sure it must be difficult to get away from the pedals...I don;t use a boost at all I use....morph! Try morph if you haven't already...works great with the remote...

I use it to boost for riffs...all you have to do is:
    Select your slot in performance mode ( say main rhythm sound), click the same button on the remote, increase the rig volume and add a bit of presence, treble etc to taste and save. Now press the same switch switch to toggle between the 2, giving you a boost ( or any other variable ) and the touch of a button...

For solos I use a separate slot, but morph to add more reverb and delay for more ambient solos for different songs. I love the feature!

Make sure Morph is set to change instantly not over x seconds BTW.

• Yeah! Morph is badass! Started using that as soon as Kemper released it. Dramatically cut down on the number of Rigs to do a song. It's amazing how many parameters you can change at the same time. I usually use a Mission pedal for Morph so I can sweep up and down or stop part way up also.

Learn to Swim