Morphing is broken in 5.4.

• Hi there,
    very happy KPA user here but today I updated from 5.2. to 5.4.
    I'm using the morphing feature for really slow swells, sometimes over 8 bars. From 5.2. I was used to choose my Rig and tap on the same rig button to start the swell. And it started morphing. Today with 5.4. it starts sometimes in the middle, sometimes from the start, seems totally randwom. I try to make it more visuall:

RIG..............RIG............-------------TTTTTTTTTT

in 5.4.

RIG...............RIG----TTTTTTTTTTT

Do you have any ideas? I've gone back to 5.2. so far. Any ideas where I can find 5.3. for testing?

Thanks, Matze!

• Should like a known bug: Morphing doesn't start over every time you activate it when switching to another rig and back.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I can tell you, what I do as a workaround: After loading a new Performance I perform a full sweep of my (virtual) Morph Pedal. You could do that physically or via MIDI (Control Change #11).

I'm loading Performances associated with songs via Bandhelper on an iPAD and Bluetooth MIDI dongle. I load the Performance via LSB and program change followed by control change #11 value 127 and control change #11 value 0. This seems to effectively reset the Morphing ramp. I never experienced the issue since.

• Just curious. Has this proven hard to fix?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• CC11 is the percentage of volume (CC7).sn't it .I am suprised that this solve the issue.

Don't understand your comment!? we have the following pedal controllers:
    CC# 1 Wah Pedal
    CC# 4 Pitch pedal
    CC# 7 Volume Pedal
    CC# 11 Morph Pedal

So CC# 11 value 127 is Morph Pedal in toe position and CC# 11 value 0 is like Morph Pedal in heel position. Has nothing to do with volume!? This simulated sweep of the Morph Pedal seems to reset the parameters which are responsible for the anomaly.

• Don't understand your comment!? we have the following pedal controllers:

OK - now I understand :) That is your assignment of the CC
    In a MIDI sequenzer CC11 is normal percentage od volume (CC)

The CC assignment is not an international standard and can be chosen by the manufacturer as desired.
    However, a certain standard has been established which most manufacturers adhere to for essential functions.
    CC 11as a percentage volume makes no sense for you and has therefore been assigned something that is important for you.

• OK - now I understand :) That is your assignment of the CCIn a MIDI sequenzer CC11 is normal percentage od volume (CC)

The CC assignment is not an international standard and can be chosen by the manufacturer as desired.
    However, a certain standard has been established which most manufacturers adhere to for essential functions.
    CC 11as a percentage volume makes no sense for you and has therefore been assigned something that is important for you.

According to the international MIDI standard CC#11 is expression and we use it to control the morphing.

• According to the international MIDI standard CC#11 is expression

It's an international agreement but not a standard as far I know ,

It's just a matter of a name how you call it.
    In a MIDI track the function is to modify a part in a song with more or less volume without changing the main volume.
    Eg. in a song you have a swelling and then a decreasing in the expression - then you use CC11 for this changes.
    If you want to change the main volume in the mix later than you need only to modify the CC7 in the mix. The instrument follows the same expression but with other loudness.

It makes sense to assign CC 11 to morph because it somehow comes close to the meaning of "expression".

• According to the MIDI association, CC #11 is indeed "expression controller

I have no objection: ;)

Quote:

MIDI continuous controllers

List of Standard MIDI Continuous Controllers (CC's)

• CC number and Description
    • 0 Bank Select (MSB)(followed by cc32 & Program Change)
    • 1 Modulation Wheel
    • 2 Breath controller
    • 4 Foot Pedal (MSB)
    • 5 Portamento Time (MSB)Only use this for portamento time use cc65 to turn on/off
    • 6 Data Entry (MSB)if you follow cc100=0 & cc101=0 this is pitch bend range
    • 7 Volume (MSB)Note: CC7 and 11 both adjust the volume. Use cc7 as you would the control on the amplifier - set it and leave it at the beginning of the MIDI track
    • 8 Balance (MSB) Some synths use it
    • 10 Pan position (MSB)
    • 11 Expression (MSB)Note: CC7 and 11 both adjust the volume. Use cc11 for volume changes during the track (crescendo, diminuendo, swells, etc.)
    • and so on...................

• Yes, Sharry, I have some synths and you use CC#7 to control volume. Pretty much universal to allow multiple devices in the chain to be controlled with that CC.

I will note that you cannot perform this sweep with the Remote :(

• For morph you can do it (CC11) by pressing the pushbutton if you have defined a morph. With or without a setable ramp.But I do not know if the CC11 is send also on the Midi output.

I think that was the problem being talked about at the start of the thread! There's some kind of bug with the morph when you change rigs. And you have to do the CC sweep to fix it.

Plus, if you tie the morph to just the CC sweep, you won't be able to use it for anything else.