Fishman Powerbridge Piezo

• My plan is to have a guitar to play acoustic with the Kemper. Until now I just tried it with the Piezo from my acoustic guitar. Is there a difference in sound to these or do I get a better acoustic sound only with an acoustic with a piezo (technically weird but that is the whole business ...)?

• I have a Musicman Majesty Petrucci model.I bought the Bert Mulendajk acoustic profiles and my guitar sounds better than my acoustic :).So yes, piezzo is a great combination with the kemper.

• I have a Strat with Fishman Powerbridge, incl. built-in power chip.

I realized the tone control for the magnetic PU mow with only one potentiometer and use the 3rd poti for volume control of the Piezo.
    The 9V battery is installed in the tremolo spring compartment.
    A mini-switch is also additional installed, which switches between mix and only magnetic PU.
    It happened to me once during a rehearsal that the battery was empty and I could not continue to play. The battery is activated with the guitar cable inserted.
    The guitar output remained mono.
    In terms of sound it is an worth enrichment, although of course never a strat becomes an acoustic guitar.

@Bommel provides profiles here created with "Tonetexter" free of charge. In the mix with magn. PU you get a really good acoustic strumming sound.

It prevent me now to carry an additional acoustic guitar for my GIGs. :)

• @Sharry hey thanks :) i'll release a workflow soon to get the most out of your piezo signal using your DAW + voxengo urve eq or ozone ... i'll release it as a detailed descriptionas soon as can, but i'm glad that you already found something you like in my profile set :)

• but i'm glad that you already found something you like in my profile set

I've found more which one I feel is good.
    You prefer another music style than me,so I do not mention it here. For that there would be more competent users here :)

• Hey @Bommel, firstly let me say thank you for your great contribution to the community, with your profiles, testing and constructive criticism. Your posts are always valuable :)
    I have a Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster with the Fishman Aura preamp. I'm wondering whether the Tonedexter profiles might enhance the acoustic-like sound of this guitar, or whether a more pure piezo tone would be preferable? The guitar in question is in storage, but I'm going to pick it up one of these days and give it a shot.

As for the OP, I found piezos in electrics to be a bit hit and miss. The best I experienced was in a mega expensive PRS custom. The Fender was a reasonable compromise at a much friendlier price point as an experiment. If you're going to install a piezo bridge, I'd be hesitant to do it in a guitar that you already love the sound and feel of, as it will change both, for better or worse.

• @sambrox hey thank you very much :) hmmm it could be very similar to my Crafter SA so it could work well since i made for this guitar also some profiles. i tried to make many different piezos and even magnetic pickups as a source sound, so hopefully there is something that fits.
    But the main advantage of the tonedexter or that tone matching i described in my other post would be that the wavemap would fit exactly to your guitar ... so i guess this would give you the best results ...
    since your fender is no acoustic gutiar you could try to record a miced acoustic guitar you like and your piezo sound of the fender and do a match eq in the daw and then route the kemper through the pc to profile the match eq curve and you should have then
    the best possible sound ... but i would recommend ozone for tonematching since the resolutions is higher then tha maximum 60 dots of the voxengo cruve eq :)

• @sambrox hey thank you very much :) hmmm it could be very similar to my Crafter SA so it could work well since i made for this guitar also some profiles. i tried to make many different piezos and even magnetic pickups as a source sound, so hopefully there is something that fits.
    But the main advantage of the tonedexter or that tone matching i described in my other post would be that the wavemap would fit exactly to your guitar ... so i guess this would give you the best results ...
    since your fender is no acoustic gutiar you could try to record a miced acoustic guitar you like and your piezo sound of the fender and do a match eq in the daw and then route the kemper through the pc to profile the match eq curve and you should have then
    the best possible sound ... but i would recommend ozone for tonematching since the resolutions is higher then tha maximum 60 dots of the voxengo cruve eq :)

Interesting... I like that idea very much. I don’t have Ozone, but I have RX6 Advanced on my work machine... I seem to remember there being some kind of match EQ functionality in that. Hmmm... Thanks once again for a fine post and contribution! :)