midi cc messages

• trying to send midi commands to a line 6 hx effects to change presets while switching slots on KPA having no luck anyone doing something similar

• The Kemper will send PC messages to the HX FX. There is a list of the PC numbers HX FX manual. So changing presets within the HX FX from the Kemper is no problem. But there seems to be no way to send CC messages from the Kemper, which for me is unbelievable. This means that you can only change presets in your HX FX but no other parameters like snapshots or effect values etc.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• The Kemper will send PC messages to the HX FX. There is a list of the PC numbers HX FX manual. So changing presets within the HX FX from the Kemper is no problem. But there seems to be no way to send CC messages from the Kemper, which for me is unbelievable. This means that you can only change presets in your HX FX but no other parameters like snapshots or effect values etc.

you can send the CC messages generated by pedals connected to the Profiler to control external gear since version 5.3.
    The new MIDI option “Pedals to MIDI” in System Settings enables pedal controllers CC#1, 4, 7, and 11 to be sent to two external MIDI devices, even if triggered by pedals connected to Profiler or Remote

• ...so if I understand this right, you have to connect the Kemper midi out with the HX FX midi In and also the HX FX midi out with the Kemper's midi in?

So you can make the Kemper send out a pc midi out for preset change to the HX, and the HX will send back a CC midi info to the Kemper that will make the Kemper forward this CC information to the HX again to make it change the desired parameter of an effect or change snapshots within a preset???

HUH??? Feels like rocket science.

8|X/?(

Why isn't it possible for the Kemper to simply spit out CC messages like even 80ies gear can do?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Not sure how you came to this conclusion. You only need to connect the MIDI Out of the Profiler to the MIDI input of the device that you want to control.
    The Profiler will send any CC data that is generated by pedals that are connected to the Profiler or the Remote to the external device.

• Oh ok, now I understand (or maybe not). Short answer would be then:

No, you can't control the HX FX via CC only with the Kemper. To do this you would need another controller (or similar device that spits out CC messages towards the Kemper) that uses the Kemper's midi through option to control the HX FX via CC. But the HX FX is itself a controller that can control everything by midi (even the Kemper)... so :pinch:

... update???

Edited 2 times, last by Alienator ().

• all you need is an expression pedal that you connect to the Profiler to generate the CC-how else would you expect the Profiler to generate the CC?
    Its not the MIDI thru but the MIDI out that sends the CC from the Profiler.