FRFR list of , any gems or better than average units ?

• I've decided to ditch the idea of guitar speakers for my monitoring/jamming needs and get a pair of powered speakers that I can also use as a small PA. The main reason is that I need to be able to switch between electric/acoustic/bass regularly and guitar speakers are the opposite of awesome for that usage.

This thread has helped me narrow my focus to the EV ZXR15P. They're about the right price, power, and size for me and I've always liked their speakers. The frequency response of the 12P model is (as noted in this thread) is not low enough for bass.

What say you folks? Right choice? Am I giving up much by passing on the much more expensive Yamaha DXR15?

• There's something about a coaxial speaker. Newly acquired Xitone MBritt cab here.

I can't seem to find the frequency response for those and if they have mounts for speaker stands. They seem ideal for electric guitar, but don't know if they can do the 42 Hz - 20 kHz that the ZLX15P does.

• Thanks - 50 is great for guitar, but won't provide enough bottom for my bass or double as a stereo PA. They're very cool though and very high end. Both of my speakers including stands are about the price of one Xitone. :)

• If the ZLX-15P units are like the ZLX-12P units, they take a while to warm up and the edge to wear off. They sound very brittle and harsh until they've been pumping for a good 30 minutes or so... or it's just my ears getting tired.

YMMV.

Still super interested in the new Celestion F12-X200 for DIY designs.

• Thanks - 50 is great for guitar, but won't provide enough bottom for my bass or double as a stereo PA. They're very cool though and very high end. Both of my speakers including stands are about the price of one Xitone. :)

It's all subjective in the end as well. Most all the time you can dial what you want/need in on whatever you choose.
    Good luck sir!

• Hi there,
    Tried the dxr10 as speaker on stage and for small clubs. But they were lacking bottom and punch. So I am back to a transistor power amp and a Marshall vintage speaker as monitor on stage or for small clubs and the mains to foh. With this set up it is very helpful that you can switch off the cab for the monitor out and leaving it on for FOH.

Bbb

It' s only Rock n Roll, but I like it :D:thumbup:<3

• Rcf nx 10 sma . Super linear, enough punch and power also when playing with a second guitarplayer who plays a real stack with 4x12.

Not really cheap but very good and if it's to hifi or harsh use purecab.

I have head my frfr's and if my rcf dies i would buy the same one in a minute.

I heard them first in the kemper tour bus on Messe frankfurt ( two connected to a kpa) and i was so blown away that i ordered one immediately.

• Once i heard the new delays on my stereo mission cab i could never go back to Mono. Not sure what stand out is, all those units mentioned are great quality, if you can play them in stereo my advice would be to try that for stand out ;), mean time there is only one way you would make me part with my stereo Gemini cab(s), you would need a bullet :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.