Amp in the room sound: Suggestion for profiling process

• I was thinking it would make a lot of sense if we could profile using multiple spots on a speaker cone. Say edge, middle and centre, for example.

This could lend itself to the possibility of making the Kemper have less of a miced up amp sound in favour of an amp in the room tone.

For example, when we hear a guitar amp in the room, it isn't just one or two sweet spots. It's a whole bunch of sounds coming from the entire cone, or in the case of 2 or 4 speakers, even more points of sound contributing to the overall experience.

By capturing multiple positions of the cab, perhaps this is something that could supplant or even benefit the existing pure cab option by enhancing the amount of information about the cab that is being profiled.

• Not to forget the room with all of its reflections. Would be nice, but i don´t think that this could be possible, when i get you right that you try to replicate the sound that get to your ears. Guess the closest you can do is to capture the cab with two mic´s on the speaker, one on the back and one in the room in front of the cab. Send to a desk and mix to taste and try to caputre that.

• Not to forget the room with all of its reflections. Would be nice, but i don´t think that this could be possible, when i get you right that you try to replicate the sound that get to your ears. Guess the closest you can do is to capture the cab with two mic´s on the speaker, one on the back and one in the room in front of the cab. Send to a desk and mix to taste and try to caputre that.

What I'm wondering is whether there could be some kind of algorithm that could be worked out that would do what pure cab does in that regard. It's almost there, but not quite.