5.5.0.13341 Public Beta discussion

• ...or send the main out to the mixer and the monitor out to a guitar power amp with guitar cabinet to have the guitar feed from the real guitar cabs...

I am not shure for that to realize the options in the samr time.
    If you choose Monitor stereo out then the Monitor is switched off.!
    I think it is not possible to feed a guitar cab in Mono.

But anyway - great update :)

• I am not shure for that to realize the options in the samr time.If you choose Monitor stereo out then the Monitor is switched off.!
    I think it is not possible to feed a guitar cab in Mono.

But anyway - great update :)

be sure, as per Burkhard words (check past posts). Maybe I didn't write it properly: we can now use monitor and direct outputs to feed a stereo guitar power amp, both of them will have cab off option...in this way you really can have best of both worlds: main outputs to the mixer and on stage listening to guitar from guitar cabs

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• be sure, as per Burkhard words (check past posts). Maybe I didn't write it properly: we can now use monitor and direct outputs to feed a stereo guitar power amp, both of them will have cab off option...in this way you really can have best of both worlds: main outputs to the mixer and on stage listening to guitar from guitar cabs

I probably just read badly.
    I meant that besides the main outs to the FOH the monitor can only be used as stereo (with DI and 2 active speakers) or as mono [Monitor out, (Cab off) + guit cab)] at the same time.

• I probably just read badly.I meant that besides the main outs to the FOH the monitor can only be used as stereo (with DI and 2 active speakers) or as mono [Monitor out, (Cab off) + guit cab)] at the same time.

This used to be the case but with the new update you can now use the Profiler in stereo with the c ab sim on and in stereo with the cab sim off (using the monitor out and the direct out) Monitor cab off will now also deactivate the cab sim for the direct out if the monitor stereo option is activated.

• This used to be the case but with the new update you can now use the Profiler in stereo with the c ab sim on and in stereo with the cab sim off (using the monitor out and the direct out) Monitor cab off will now also deactivate the cab sim for the direct out if the monitor stereo option is activated.

Hmmm,

I checked out the following: Monitor Output Master Stereo

Upper new checkbox marked
    Display showed: Direct output used for Monitor stereo.

But: If I check with one frfr:
    Connected to monitor out, the volume is ok. Connected to Direct out the volume is muuuch less than monitor out.
    I thought it must be the same level, because Direct volume is greyed out in output level menue.

How do I get the same volume ?
    How do I have to set it up to get it stereo and where do I swet the volume for left and right.

Next scenario:

I have one monitor connected to monitor out and one to direct out.Checkbox monitor stereo on. Display shows Direct output used for monitor stereo. Monitor output is master stereo, direct output is greyed out. No sound on direct out.

Am I missing something?

• Yes, a software update cannot deliver an additional physical output.

Haha, i can live with mono monitoring ;)

I am using the loop for my boost pedal patched in on all lead sounds so i can level adjust them all at once. And i’d rather have that than stereo. Now if the Kemper had a global lead sound level function.... ;)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• be sure, as per Burkhard words (check past posts). Maybe I didn't write it properly: we can now use monitor and direct outputs to feed a stereo guitar power amp, both of them will have cab off option...in this way you really can have best of both worlds: main outputs to the mixer and on stage listening to guitar from guitar cabs

Can't get the same volumelevel on monitor and direct out :(
    Connected a studio monitor to monitor out and the other one to direct out. No output on direct out. Monitor stereo is setted.

• Can't get the same volumelevel on monitor and direct out :( Connected a studio monitor to monitor out and the other one to direct out. No output on direct out. Monitor stereo is setted.

i don't have the FW mounted...a dumb question: the monitor volume? guess the same, right?

besides, why the direct out volume is greyed out if a cable is connected to it?

just some questions...not having the FW on my kemper I am just guessing, here.

what does the manual say?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• Can't get the same volumelevel on monitor and direct out :( Connected a studio monitor to monitor out and the other one to direct out. No output on direct out. Monitor stereo is setted.

Does Direct Out have a “link to master volume” In the output menu? That’s what you’d want to do. Un-link everything but monitor out and direct out. Then when you turn up the volume, only those two outs will be effected. Just make sure they’re set to the same exact dB level when linked. Then just set your other outs to whatever signal makes sense. I keep the Main outs, on both my Kemper and other guitarist’s, at -12dB so that FOH can use their sliders to set the PA levels.

• can you elaborate on that?

it should be that if transpose is use in Rig setting, it'll affects every rig in the kpa...until now it could only be used as per single rig

EDIT: reading Ingolf statement I might have misunderstood how it works...sorry