5.5.0.13341 Public Beta discussion

• Urrgh ..downloaded the latest Beta Rig Manager (2.1.40 ) and FW 5.5.0 and now can't get Rm to recognise my KPA ..have tried different USB sockets/cables ( all known to work with other USB devices ...) any ideas ..is this known problem ?

• What OS are you on? I would try backing up RM and then uninstalling it. Reinstall with KPA disconnected then turn on KPA after install. How did you update, through RM or downloads from Kemper website? As always backup and only do what your comfortable with or open a support ticket. Good luck!

• Hi Zapman ...W7 64bit ..this is the first issue I have EVER had with kemper ...software ..always update through Rig manager and always fine ...but just not being recognised now ...I 'll try and back up and reinstalll ....cheers for your input .

• I agree, but I got to ask, @Ingolf, are you a beta tester or affiliated with Kemper Amps in any way? haha

I'm a beta tester, yes, but not affiliated otherwise.
    This has nothing to do with my statement which is based on personal experience.

• annoyance that a big part of their customer-base are hobbyists

This makes absolutely no sense, from any perspective. What exactly are you trying to say here?

That Kemper only wants pretentious d-bags playing their equipment? Or that if someone is not at least playing at a Steak House, or a Buffet, on a Tuesday afternoon, they don't deserve to play a Kemper? Does one have to personally sell out an entire stadium, to even think about purchasing a Kemper?

Plenty of amazing players out there, who don't do it for the money, or the hey-look-at-me factor. If you can imagine such a thing.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• This makes absolutely no sense, from any perspective. What exactly are you trying to say here?

I can't speak for creative360 but I can certainly speak for myself ... this statement didn't come across as negative as you felt. It's a fact that quite a few people here struggle with pretty basic things like e.g. signal routing for reamping. Many questions that can be considered basic knowledge in audio engineering reappear on a frequent basis and that's because many are hobbyists. Nothing to blame them for and "hobbyist" isn't a negative word either. Everyone who enjoys music for a hobby has the same right to make music on the level he/she wants.
    But sometimes it can be tiresome if you read the same questions, struggles, lack of knowledge over and over again, for years. Keep in mind that the moderators and/or admins likely spend a LOT more time here on the forums than you might. :) They are humans and as Ingolf and nightlight already stated, they are nice folks with good intentions ... yet humans ;)

• This makes absolutely no sense, from any perspective. What exactly are you trying to say here?
    That Kemper only wants pretentious d-bags playing their equipment? Or that if someone is not at least playing at a Steak House, or a Buffet, on a Tuesday afternoon, they don't deserve to play a Kemper? Does one have to personally sell out an entire stadium, to even think about purchasing a Kemper?

Plenty of amazing players out there, who don't do it for the money, or the hey-look-at-me factor. If you can imagine such a thing.

The majority of hobbyists are more likely to be able to afford a Kemper than musicians relying on the industry for income these days.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Hi.

This is the Public Beta discussion thread, back to topic and stay on topic, please.

:)
    Thanks.

Well, it's working very nicely indeed. No hickups so far! Great Job on the stereo monitoring! That particular feature (mono monitoring) was the only thing that I found a missed opportunity; Now it's perfect! Thank you Kemper!

• I know there is not suppose to be a difference via SPDIF at the different sample rates but I clearly hear it when just changing them wile direct monitoring.

This could be my interface (I am not sure how) but it is a Saffire Pro24.

So I set out to record samples and see if there is a difference in the final sound.

Here is a clip:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Downloads are enabled if anyone wants the wav file.

Rates used are 44.1k, 48k and 96k. I bounced each section to wav then reimported them into the daw and bounced them out together. DI was recorded with the Kemper looper and played back each time.

• I’m not sure that’s a way to ‘tell’ (without knowing what you mean, or your methodology, by ‘just switching sample rates’), but saying there IS no difference in sound between sample rates , especially within any one given device (including A-D converters) is nonsense.
    Implementation counts.

• :)

My goal is only to see if there is a perceived difference in the final sound. That is if there is a sonic benefit to using one or the other.

It was @ckemper that stated there was no difference.

I believe @ColdFrixion mentioned he heard a difference also when switching sample rates via spdif?

DI clip was recorded with the Kemper looper into the daw once at each sample rate. These were each exported to wav file to get them in the same sample rate. I then reimported them into the DAW to combine them. They were then bounced together at 44.1.

The idea is to see if the initial sample rate recorded at has an effect on the outcome.

So the final question, does the listener perceive a difference in sound in the 3 sections?

• There may be ‘no difference’ in the digital output (or not much) as it’s just sample convert in the digital signal.
    That doesn’t mean you don’t have a preference as to how your hardware interface and DAW sound at a particular sample rate.