Metal Song with Ola´s Hector Profile

• Hi guys,

finished a new Demo yesterday night using Ola´s awesome Hector profiles.

Link

No EQ or FX added to the guitar tracks, only Kemper.

Guitar used: ESP M-II Custom with EMG81 Pickup.
    Drums: Superior Drummer

I think, for a quick demo it sounds fantastic. This box has such a great potential...

Cheers, Sascha

• Hi, well hard to give any tips. I also found myself that some rigs sound very different at different places.

I opened a thread for that because for me it is also quiet impossible to achieve the sound of the samples that are posted here. Quiet a common problem in my eyes.

I think the KPA reacts pretty heavily to the a) input sensitivity b) to the actual guitar and even more the pickups.
    I feel, it is way more than a real amp would do.

For example, i have an Ibanez JEM 7v. A really excellent guitar. Tried it out with a couple of rigs and did not like a single one.
    Took my M-II with the EMG´s andd it was a whole different story.

So i would definately try out various Gits if available.

My recording process is as follows:

Sequencer: Samplitude X
    KPA Out: Spdif
    Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (Excellent!!)

For those kinds of Demos i always record three guitar tracks. One hard left, one hard right, one center.

Oh... BTW: I adjusted the Masrter EQ of the Kemper slightly. Approx: Bass +2, Mid:+0,4, Treb: +2,1, Presence: +1

For the recordings the Distortion pedal which is also storded in the rig was turned on.

Hope that helps...

But again: To me, the guitar with the EMG81 make the difference in sound. Taking another guitar it would sound aweful...

Sascha

• Thanks Sascha,very helpful.Havent tried sdif yet.I must try EMG 81"s on one of my guitars i have an Ibanez Galaxy that might be ok for them,or maybe Seymour duncan distortions are they quite similiar?I totally agree how impossible it is to get sounds like some peoples clips.I think there is much more added to these clips than just "a bit of eq"that they claim.Thanks again :thumbup: