(GoT) JCM800 2205 (coming soon)*Free if you buy GoT rage PE*

• Did you know that at least in Killin in the Name there is a Les Paul doubled panned hard at each side with the tele in the center? So the tone is really half single coil and half humbuckers.

I´m telling this because too many times it´s assumed that his tone in the songs that are played in drop D is from his telecaster and that is not always true.

Good call good call! I've got the stems somewhere - have you heard them?! Sublime!!

But you are correct, largely his Tele is utIlised for the Drop D rage stuff live, so perhaps that's where that (mis)belief crops up from... Of course, you can discern between SC & HB tones on records (or should be able to > . < with relative ease) across the board! But yeah you can definetly hear the chew/thickness of the gtrs on KITN ... I couldn't have said about the panning necessarily off the top-of-my-head though! So nice one for that tid-bit :) always appreciate accurate information! Have you checked out our Rage 'Performance Edition' ? Sounds like it might be right up your street and it's all ready, in-the-box -architected for Kemper use & implementation!

All the best,

GoT

• I have not heard the stems . The info comes from the Tom Morello Masterclass. He explains it in one of the chapters where he dissects Killing in the name. He even shows his "Del Taco Les Paul" that he bought during the recording of their debut album for RATM. Very interesting info in the course but not sure if its really worth the price.

• Have you checked out our Rage 'Performance Edition' ?

I have not and if it was 15 years ago I would be delighted with it. But right now I´m in looking for my own sounds and tones and that includes trying as hard as possible to run away from the tones (and sounds in this case) of my idols. If one thing I have learned from TM is to try and have a personality and create based on that, exploting as much as you can your weaknesess to create something different.

• You tease...! You can't put that additional info and not provide a pic :( haha!

Haha, fair enough. I just snapped this, apologies for the dust. :D

I'm sure there are others, but I think this is the only one I've seen of this vintage with a one-piece top, certainly not in Whale Blue, which has faded very nicely, as all the old ones will do with exposure to the sun. It's not a 10-top, but I love it. Beautiful brazilian rosewood fretboard with some really nice figuring.

I saw this guitar on eBay probably 15 years ago and was fixated by it. It was not something I could possibly buy at the time, but I always remembered it, kept the pics from the add on my PC. Probably 7 or 8 years later, when I had a little more money (and a lot more credit, haha), I saw it for sale on consignment and the rest is history. I won't be selling this one, it's a special guitar, an incredible player, everyone who's played it says it's the best-playing guitar they've ever played, they really put a lot of attention into building these back in the 80s.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I have not and if it was 15 years ago I would be delighted with it. But right now I´m in looking for my own sounds and tones and that includes trying as hard as possible to run away from the tones (and sounds in this case) of my idols. If one thing I have learned from TM is to try and have a personality and create based on that, exploting as much as you can your weaknesess to create something different.

I was wondering myself if that was going to be worth the price of admission - I'll probably plunge for it anyway sometime, for whatever new morsels of Morello knowledge I can soak up! Just be intriguing to get the deeper insight straight from the source, as there's always heresay etc. floating about!

And I understand completely! I wish the Kemper had come along 10years sooner when I was just starting out my mass gear collection so it could have grown more organically, as it happens have had to throw everything & the kitchen sink at it just to get up-to-speed with everything I have and it may have been detrimental to a more natural evolution of GoT - oh well, you just gotta go with the flow a lot of the time and see where things take you and do the best with what you have! Thanks for reaching out and all the best on your quest/journey - always good to meet objective folk :)

(Just as a side-note: I'd say it's a great thing to have as a collectible or in the arsenal/pocket anyway - it's so nice just to be able to jam along to the classics without tap-dancing and having everything all set-up ready & good-to-go from the off! - They're obviously aimed to mimic the rage tones & records closely - so it's just a whole lot of fun rather than trying to stray and be individualistic/something they're not! Give it a second or third thought perhaps ;) ...)

:)

• Some are just 'lifers', simple as that...

<3

• FREEBIE / taster attached...

If you're digging it - don't forget to pickup the pack!

( *or get it with 5 other products ... for MUCH, MUCH less!* during Dec 2018 : http://gameoftonesprofiles.wix…otprofiles/project-badass ) ;)

• Did you know that at least in Killin in the Name there is a Les Paul doubled panned hard at each side with the tele in the center? So the tone is really half single coil and half humbuckers.

I´m telling this because too many times it´s assumed that his tone in the songs that are played in drop D is from his telecaster and that is not always true.

Straight from the horses mouth! (At the very least) the Tele features on all the drop D material ...

So certainly forms a part of the tone (sometimes the dominant part of the sonic palette)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Straight from the horses mouth! (At the very least) the Tele features on all the drop D material ...

So certainly forms a part of the tone (sometimes the dominant part of the sonic palette)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, of course. The Tele is always there. But for the album the sound is thicker and he got it by doubling with a Les Paul. This came from the man himself in his Masterclass. I guess that for the people buying it he gave some unknown gems.

• Yes, of course. The Tele is always there. But for the album the sound is thicker and he got it by doubling with a Les Paul. This came from the man himself in his Masterclass. I guess that for the people buying it he gave some unknown gems.

Quite! That's where I was saying that (mis)belief likely cropped up from...

(Thought you may have interest in the segment as well if you hadn't already noticed it :D ) and hence, 'at the very least' in bold, (difficult to get the relevant intention across via text...)

Absolutely - appreciate the gem! Hopefully will land that at some point, someday... Can't remember what else I was going to say but yeah it's a cool segment so thought you'd equally appreciate it :)

All the best!