Kemper Remote not turning on

• I recently bought the kemper remote, plugged it in and nothing.
    Updated to 5.4.1 and nothing, tried updating to the current beta 5.5.0 and still no luck. All the cables seem to be connected I checked for anything loose, am I missing something here?

• I recently bought the kemper remote, plugged it in and nothing.
    Updated to 5.4.1 and nothing, tried updating to the current beta 5.5.0 and still no luck. All the cables seem to be connected I checked for anything loose, am I missing something here?

All cables? There is only one cable going from the KPA to the remote. Are you using the original cable? If not, beware that cable-length is limited to about 10m because the cable also carries power. With a longer cable the remote will not power on and/or not run properly. To eliminate potential cable faults try another cable. A short TP ethernet patch-cable is ok for testing.

• By cables I just meant the kemper power cable as well, there is only one cable connecting the remote with the kemper itself and it is the original cable. I'm going to pick up some short cat5 cables to test that. I carefully reattached the cable to make sure its connected and secure on both sides but I still can't seem to get the remote to power on. The best I got was a very small black bar showing up in the middle of the screen on the remote for about 5 seconds and then it was gone.

• I’m having the exact problem and I tried everything they already suggested. I get a line across my remote screen that moves from the bottom to top as it’s booting up then I switch to perform mode and it goes blank

• Tried that to and I get nothing. No lights on the remote at all and no illuminated indicator on the back of the kpa network plug. Tried different cable and shorter one I got nothing lol I’m guessing my is defective. No way to update the remote right? Just the kpa itself?

• so little update. I thought that my Kemper might be the problem, but i tested the Remote on a different Kemper and it didn't turn on either. So the Remote is not working. I am a little disappointed to be honest, because if Kemper would check the Remote before they send it out to the customer, this wouldn't have happened. So yeah, poor quality control.

• Same here... made a video and have emailed Kemper. No joy over the weekend, no work.... on weekends, it’s illegal to mow your lawn on a Sunday in Germany
    Patience is a virtue (virtue slipped in to my shoe)

• Hey guys,

I am in the same boat, brand new remote not powering and only show a line moving across up & down.

I did open a support ticket - I know the Kemper folks will get this sorted out... but I am curious though, the solution for this problem is to ultimately get a replacement unit?