Song per Month 2018 song 3

• Hi everyone,

Just about sneaked in on my self-imposed deadline..... there's 1.5 hours left of March here in the UK but apologies to the Aussies :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This one is about the state of the world right now and the importance of having hope in the darkest of times. My daughter is again doing lead vocals on this (she's a lot better than me so I'm grateful for her help :) )

Guitars are a PRS SE277 Baritone, a PRS Stripped '58 and a Tokai Goldtop (are you there Lance?) going through the Kemper but I did rope in a DIY pedal I made a few years ago which is a clone of an Analogman Sun Lion. This is basically a germanium fuzz with a Dallas Rangemaster in there too, both with mojo transistors.

For mixing, I've used Neutron 2 and Ozone 2. I love these things! An experienced mixer would doubtless do better with simpler things but for the likes of me they are very welcome.

Hope you like it :) Lyrics are:-

Stop the World, I've had enough
    I don't like the way it's going and I'm getting off this rock
    Stop the World, casually cruel
    A sea of broken dreams and a ship of fools....

Stop the World, these loaded dice
    That twist a knife in all of us through blinkered lives
    Stop the World, I'm leaving now
    I've got nowhere to go but I can't stick around.....

Chorus:-
    Well I don't know where the hell you think you're going
    In this World of ours there's one thing that's worth knowing
    When the sky is grey and all you see is blue
    One thing is true
    Love will shine through.

Stop the World, it's fading fast
    A thing of beauty covered up with shattered glass
    Stop the World, it's going mad
    Help me find the hope because it all just seems so sad.....

• Thank you :). Anything that starts with a tremolo guitar can tend to take your mind in a Tarantino direction :) I probably over use trem as an effect as it’s pretty rare I record something where there’s not a tremolo guitar in there somewhere!

The one on here was from the Soundtoys bundle that I picked up a couple of years ago. It’s on sale at the moment and great value for all the cool stuff in there.