Can't register my KPA and don't get full access to the boards.

• Hi everybody!
    This is Ingolf from Hamburg.
    I'm a longtime and experienced user of digital gear since the Pod days (and I still moderate the German Line6 usergroup, some ppl here might know me, Hi Schneidas! :) ).

After checking the KPA prototype last year in Frankfurt I had mixed feelings at first about this new 'set and forget' approach and was a bit sceptical when the delivering period of the KPA's was postponed several times at the end of last year (otherwise it would have been a nice christmas gift for me).

But finally, tadaa, my KPA arrived yesterday and I must say, on first impressions, it has matured a lot since last year. Amp sounds overall are very good with the factory presets and I find the FX very musical and intuitive to dial in (for the record: I also own a Pod HD 500 and an Axe FX II).
    So I'm happy to be on board

I have one problem, though.
    I can´t register my amp and so am unable to upgrade my account.
    When I enter my serial I get the message that my amp is already registered (???).
    So I can download firmware upgrades and other profiles, but I can't get full access to the forum boards.
    Flashed Kemper support a mail yesterday but so far I didn't get any reply.

Anyway, enough for now.
    Any ideas to get me sorted?

Bye

• Hey Doc! Welcome! Cool to see ya around here :D (spotted you in the "members" section and was lurking at your profile the other day).

Regarding your problem: we had another user with the same problem. I guess there's nothing that can be done other than contacting Kemper support and make them aware of this. They will sort it out for you.
    The prob is, Burkhard - the man behind support (although I'm sure they got a replacement) is on vacation right now - so things might be a little slow.

P.s. You might also remember Davide (guitarnet70) - he was with us at the German Line6forum at the time the HD500 was announced - and we all had lots of discussions and fun.

Anyway, welcome and have fun with the KPA!

Edit: Please activate your PM, Doc :)

• hi!

i have the same problem and contacted the support...
    but it's not solved yet... would be nice if you could tell me
    whats going on :)

if you buy a b-stock unit which was previously registered with us we need to manually verify and eventually remove the "original" registration. you need to contact support in order to get this done.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• if you buy a b-stock unit which was previously registered with us we need to manually verify and eventually remove the "original" registration. you need to contact support in order to get this done.
    gs

No, I didn't buy a B- Stock. It was labelled as new (at Thomann), otherwise I should have got it at an discounted price, which I didn't.
    I also informed the shop about this.

I also was contacted by support who let me now register my unit.

So my problem is solved now, thanks all!

• i tried to register my new kpa, & get an error message, says user name already used, serial # wrong, i do not have any # s on my bar code just letters , any ideas ? thanks in advance , roger

• Hi Roger, if the letters starts with "KPA..." that is your serial number. You need to make the account upgrade from the Kemper webpage, not from the Forum, up right you have the login (need to login with e-mail and password, not nickname), click on your name, now you can register your KPA

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff