Questions about setting up the Kemper with a Digitech 1101 + Control 2 foot switch

• Hey...newbie here.
    I bought a Kemper non powered rack last night. :thumbup:
    I'm currently using a Digitech 1101 with the Control 2 foot pedal. I was thinking that I would use the Digitech to switch channels on the Kemper via midi cable so I could still use the digitech footswitch.
    I do not use the digitech as a stomp pedal setup. All the effects and tones are already assigned and stored.
    I want to use the Kemper exclusively if possible, or have the options of using the effects only on the 1101 if I desire to.
    The foot controller has a CAT 5 cable connection to the 1101 and has a volume pedal built into it.
    What would be the best way to connect the Kemper to the Digitech, or Digitech to the Kemper to get the best results and still be able to use the foot controller?

• In order to loop in effects of the Digitech 1101, you would need to connect:
    its input the the Profiler Send
    and
    it's output (mono) to the Profiler Return
    or
    its outputs (stereo) to the Profiler Return and Alternative In.
    Then you need to configure a Loop Mono, Loop Distortion or Loop Stereo anywhere in the signal chain of the Profiler e. g. Loop Mono in Module B or Loop Stereo in Module X. This setup of the Loop Mono, Loop Distortion or Loop Stereo could vary by Rig. So, you could use Digitech 1101 distortion effects in Rig A pre Stack, and delay effects in Rig B post Stack, and no loop at all in Rig C.

For MIDI you need to connect the MIDI Thru of the Digitech 1101 with the MIDI In of the Profiler and enable MIDI Send in the Digitech. According to its manual the Digitech can only send MIDI program changes, which allows you to load 128 Profiler Rigs in Browser Mode and the first 128 Slots in Performance Mode. You cannot switch Profiler effects on/off nor control any pedal controllers via the Digitech.

To be honest - I think, this is a lot of effort and complexity to build a crutch. Connecting a Remote to the Profiler or even a MIDI foot controller like an Uno4Kemper is much easier, offers much more remote control functionality, and has much less potential for failures..