Clipping on some profiles and other profiles are XLNT!

• So I noticed some profiles aren't loud enough and when you turn amp volume, master volume, or speaker volume they start to clip. I've adjusted every way(adjusting one up and the other down and so on). It seems that these profiles weren't recorded loud enough and that is the reason they clip and aren't loud enough to get the full amp/drive sound. Am I right here or am I doing something wrong?

• Thanks for the heads up on the other post, but I have looked at it. I have played with all these, but my question is more if there is an improper profiling method. I think I mentioned that some of the profiles lack punch and aren't really loud enough. If you turn these profiles up louder you get clipping and they don't sound good... no matter what adjustments you do they still sound terrible. The profiles that are great are by a single user... The profiles that sound bad are done by a different user. So did they profile without turning the amp up enough to capture the essence of the amp? Their profiles sound somewhat stale low volume while the other persons profiles are all incredible. So is there a method to profiling?

Edited 2 times, last by jeddie ().

• Perhaps the user you mention that makes the poor models, has used cold biased amps that make them sound bad on just about any setting.

Also, the power tube saturation and speaker break-up help to shape the sound in a positive way. Perhaps the amp volume while profiling was too low to capture the potential of the amp, as the test signals did not quite reach the volumes that produce the best sound. So the profile has no information about the sweet spot.

A Marshall Plexi for instance, will sound pretty crappy on a low volume (IMO) but really shines if it's pushing some air!

So I believe you are right, turning the amp up to a sufficient volume seems to be vital in order to get a good profile.