Returning to the KEMPER?

• Hi Kemperists,

I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KEMPER and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. That does the job quite good. But it is awkward to carry and to handle and I am still thinking a lot about buying another Kemper. Especially because in the meantime it comes with built in power amp. Which opens up a lot more options for gigs.

I don't dare to ask if there is a floorversion planned. Seems to be a problem. Although for me this would be the most interesting.

But there are other questions where you might be able to give me a hint:

1) Is there any optical or magnetical controller pedal on the market? I talked to Lehle and they said, they might think about it for the future. I need a smooth running optical pedal for master volume control all at the end of the chain.

2) I love the Electro Harmonix FREEZE. It is such a nice and handy tool. Like the left pedal on a piano. Very musical. Is there anything similar now in the effects rack of the KEMPER?

3) Back then there was no master output EQ on the KEMPER. I really would love to have one because it makes adapting to rented backline amps much easier.

best greetings
    Olaf

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited once, last by fretboardminer ().

• Welcome back, Olaf!

The only optical pedal I know is the one I have. I use it with a MIDI-controller keyboard (pedal plugged into keyboard and passed through it) for synthesiser CC's. It's only what I'd call a "short-throw" pedal - the plate is pretty-short. It does however allow one to choose, via two stepped knobs, the MIDI channel and controller number sent. MIDI channel can be 1->16, and the controller number 0->15.

It's the Digitech MC2 MIDI Continuous Controller. I bought it back in the '90s, so it may only be available 2nd-hand now.

• Regarding "...back then there was no Master Output EQ ...."

As far as I remember - and I checked our change logs - Monitor Output EQ and Main Output EQ were never added. These features exist since the initial release of the Profiler. These were never called "Master Output EQ" as these are associated with the physical outputs, which are called Main Output and Monitor Output.

• Hi there,

I am late — but thanks for your advice. I took a look at the manual and saw that indeed there is a general output EQ. I don't remember if it was there back then.

Digitech MC2 looks interesting. From the pictures it seems like the pedal is very short. But I will give it a try If I stumble onto one.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.