Triple Play & Jam Orgin

• I decided to stop waiting for a "stand alone" tool and bite the bullet ie software Midi- stuff.

Most likely I will go for the triple play Fishman thing but if there are guys here who have experience with the jam Orgin stuff I would be happy to learn more about this.Best thing would be comments from someone who has s tried both systems.

• Well..playing chords is not the main thing I would like to do with a synth.I am after "ethnic style" instruments and specially these files from the eastwest..

May I ask..Do you have the triple play in use;

• I have a Triple Play and if you go that route, you want to use no less than an i7 computer chip, 16GB of RAM,and Solid State hard drive for the best latency.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I understand..thanks for the heads up..

To be honest I did not expect that I would could go a "cheap solution".

The fishman,the software stuff and for sure a new laptop..ugh..

In the end I will end up again paying like buying an expensive modeller...But this is the way it works..you always get what you pay for.
    :/

Do you use the system together with the kemper;

• I have a Triple Play and if you go that route, you want to use no less than an i7 computer chip, 16GB of RAM,and Solid State hard drive for the best latency.

This is simply not true. The TriplePlay unit handles all of the tracking and MIDI conversion - you can use it directly into a hardware synth if you want. Latency IS dependent on computer hardware, but not any more specific to the TriplePlay than anything else.

My laptop is well below your listed specs and, prior to selling my TriplePlay, it worked great with very low latency.

Don't use the TriplePlay software though, it's clunky.

• This is simply not true. The TriplePlay unit handles all of the tracking and MIDI conversion - you can use it directly into a hardware synth if you want. Latency IS dependent on computer hardware, but not any more specific to the TriplePlay than anything else.
    My laptop is well below your listed specs and, prior to selling my TriplePlay, it worked great with very low latency.

Don't use the TriplePlay software though, it's clunky.

If you're using a lot of samples, a solid state drive is a requirement. I installed the entire system on my Windows machine with an i5 and standard hard drive (same RAM). It was nowhere near the performance as my Mac with i7 and SS drive.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• That's a requirement for using lots of samples, though - nothing to do with the TriplePlay itself. JamOrigin or a Roland GR or Ghost (I think that's the name?) saddles would have the same need.

@Nikos - no, the instruments are pretty good. The actual TriplePlay VST where you can change the unit's settings, or split the fretboard to play different synths with different strings/frets, I found to be slow and a bit buggy. You can use the unit just fine without it, you'd just have to deal with MIDI channels and that sort of thing yourself.

They may have fixed it up since I last used the software though.

• I have but use it only for sound carpets.
    To much latency on my Microsoft surface 3 Notebook with i5 , 4 GB-RAM and SSD drive.

At the moment I have not so much need for thism so I do not think for a stronger Notebook or even MAC

• I’ve not tried these Tripleplay libraries,but, I have used EastWest samples with older Roland Guitar Synth equipment.

Their multi-samples are very good, and they respond very well to touch and playing dynamics.

Flutes and other monophonic instruments work extremely well using a guitar controller. Polyphonic Acoustic instrument sounds work as well or better with guitar as they do with keyboards. Chords may not have all of the same harmonic interaction as the actual instrument - there is really no way to program that into the samples.

Are you interested in specific ethnic instruments? Will you be using them in full mixes, or on their own? Are you doing film/TV music?

• @paults

Actually the full package.Live,studio,full mixes..

I need it mostly for bowed & plucked stringed instruments of all kinds from African to Asian instruments.Great to hear that it reacts so well to touch and dynamics.This is my biggest concern.

Main instruments I need are Oud/Lute,Sitar,Bouzouki..and wood wind instruments..for film and movie I will of course need good orchestra stuff but this is not top priority.

• @paults

I forget to mention my main "concern" which is the simulation of the instruments I mentioned above and is no other from the sounding/ringing empty strings whike playing notes on the higher strings,you know..the drone stuff.But since the TP is polyphonic there should be no problems I guess;A least from what I heard from the demos yet.