Profile UAD guitar tone plugin

• Hi all. I recently purchased the UAD Apollo Twin and bought the Friedman amp bundle (amazing tones). I am so hooked on this one tone I customized in it that I play my Crook Tele through and I really WANT to profile it for live use. Anyone have any luck on profiling a plugin from an Apollo? Just curious on how I would go about doing that. Cheers!

• Why profiling an emulation of a real amp when you can get profiles from the real deal? You should be able to find profiles you like.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Why profiling an emulation of a real amp when you can get profiles from the real deal? You should be able to find profiles you like.

If the OP already has it tweaked, and really likes it, it is more than worth a try to profile it. If it sounds good, it would be much quicker than auditioning the hundreds (thousands?) of Friedman Rigs that are available. It is really easy to find some great free ones, though.

• I am going to give it a shot. I have profiles that I am satisfied with for my live tone on the road. But, now I am just spoiled and want to find more and more tones I love. Thanks for the reply guys!

• It's VERY simple, I've profiled some bass plugins. If you have the option, put the plugin in low latency mode (the microphone icon). The KPA will correct for any latency AFTER you go back to Browse. That's how it worked for me, anyway.

Not crazy about the UAD guitar sims, I'm with the "find a great profile" crowd. There's some stunning sounding profiles out there, for just about any amp.