Powercab 112 and 112 Plus - new FRFR alternative?

• I'm super happy with my Xitone MBritt cab, but this looks like it could be a viable alternative?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm super happy with my Xitone MBritt cab, but this looks like it could be a viable alternative?

Indeed, this looks very interesting. I particularly like the fact that it is coaxial-based, like my XiTone cab. I personally am not a fan of an FRFR monitors that uses component arrangement (separately mounted woofer and tweeter), as they sound too "hi-fi" for my taste. The coaxial-based approach, IMHO, lends itself to a more traditional guitar cabinet aural experience.

I was a bit concerned upon first viewing, as it seemed that one has to choose between one of six different built-in cabinet emulations -- which obviously defeats the purpose of a FRFR monitor. However, upon second viewing, I notice there is an option for a FLAT setting. So, it seems like this new Line 6 monitor offers a lot of flexibility. For us Kemper users who love our unit's cabinet profiling, we can use it in FLAT mode, with the KPA's Cab Module active. However, one also has the option to turn of the KPA's Cab Module (or Cab Sim on alternative digital modeling platforms) and experiment with the L6 PowerCab's built-in speaker modes.

Pretty neat, and definitely something to check out if you are in the market for a new FRFR. However, I am quite happy with my XiTone passive 1x12 wedge.

I agree with @sambrox...the PowerCab Plus version would be over-kill and unnecessarily redundant for KPA owners.

Thanks for sharing the link.

Cheers,
    John

Edited once, last by Tritium ().

• Yeah, I think this is a homerun for Line 6.
    The plus has functionality that is unnecessary for Kemper users.
    But otherwise I'm very interested.
    What's the price tag?

Yep. And they should offer it in skins that match the KPA, the AXE, and HeadRush :D

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• From a thread on GearPage.

Dimensions/weight? Am I gonna break my back?
    Powercab 112—22.3”w x 18.2”h x 12”d (33.25 lbs)
    Powercab 112 Plus—22.3”w x 18.2”h x 12”d (35.5 lbs)

What’s the price?
    Powercab 112—$599.99 US street
    Powercab 112 Plus—$799.99 US street

When are they shipping?
    May 2018.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Cool!

• I also received the Line 6 email this morning. I can definitely see one of these in my future if the "paper" version is accurately describing the "real life" result!

I like the fact that it looks like a traditional speaker cabinet...and, the price seems really good.

• I also received the Line 6 email this morning. I can definitely see one of these in my future if the "paper" version is accurately describing the "real life" result!

I like the fact that it looks like a traditional speaker cabinet...and, the price seems really good.

Don't get me wrong I think this looks like a great product but its benefits are limited for Kemper users, and for that I don;t think its cheap.

I have a power rack and my monitor cost me £180.

My only gripe with digital is to go FRFR is still relatively expensive and a price of £649 is still in that "blimey" bracket for me :). Yes cheaper than Atomic CLR and Freidman etc but still "blimey".