Revv G amps profiles

• Aren't rev F's the rarer more sought after ones and G's the really mass produced one?
    Aaanyway, the DR R OD9 profiles I made are of my Rev G rackmount.

I really like that profile you made, use it quite a bit :thumbup: didn't know it was RevG haha.... sweet!

I bought into the hype for years but then one day I spoke to Chris at Mesa. He basically told me don't get carried away in the RevF-RevG internet myth/hype about the RevF's being the "holy grail". They are voiced very similar and due to the hype it's made it what it is. He even said my 2002 dual rec was just as good, go figure!

I had a guy swear up and down his RevG was an F (wanted 4k), he went on and on about the serial numbers and showed me sites yaddayadda and I was like ok, I'll make a call - sure enough it was a "G" LOL. He sold it for $1500. You can call Mesa and they'll date your head if ever in doubt! Now I just laugh at guys asking outrageous prices for this supposed holy grail. A dual will get you there if you know how to tweak it man!

It's nice when you can get info from the makers straight up, they are cool guys and make great amps!

• I really like that profile you made, use it quite a bit :thumbup: didn't know it was RevG haha.... sweet!
    I bought into the hype for years but then one day I spoke to Chris at Mesa. He basically told me don't get carried away in the RevF-RevG internet myth/hype about the RevF's being the "holy grail". They are voiced very similar and due to the hype it's made it what it is. He even said my 2002 dual rec was just as good, go figure!

I had a guy swear up and down his RevG was an F (wanted 4k), he went on and on about the serial numbers and showed me sites yaddayadda and I was like ok, I'll make a call - sure enough it was a "G" LOL. He sold it for $1500. You can call Mesa and they'll date your head if ever in doubt! Now I just laugh at guys asking outrageous prices for this supposed holy grail. A dual will get you there if you know how to tweak it man!

It's nice when you can get info from the makers straight up, they are cool guys and make great amps!

Yeah from what I've read on grailtone the tonal differences between the different rev's is minimal. You can make all of them sound the same with some tweaking.