Low master volume through cab? Also getting ridiculous feedback

• As the title says when I am running the kemper through my 4x12 marshall I can have the master volume on 8 (with normal amp volume in the middle), and it is still quieter than the other guitarists volume when he is on 3.

Also I am getting so much squealy feedback. Currently have a triple rec profile with tubescreamer, gain on 6, tubescreamer gain on 1 and it squeals at the slightest hint of movement. I have a 4:1 noisegate on the stomp (set at 5 threshold) and also the physical noisegate set at 5 just to get some relief from the feedback.

Finally and I dont know if this was included in the latest firmware update as I only just updated, but when I turn up the master volume, instead of the usual 0-10 slider I am getting 5 seperate sliders (main vol/poweramp/directvolume/headphone vol/spdif vol) that all move up and down simultaneously.

Thanks

• The new Master Volume screen reflecting the individual output volumes for Main Output, Monitor Output, Direct Output, Headphone Output, SPDIF has been introduced to hopefully avoid the misunderstanding of your first paragraph:

The 0-10 scale of Master Volume had never been absolute - consequently not in dB - and yes, it's completely normal, that your Profiler is quieter at 8 than another at 3! The volumes of the outputs linked to Master Volume can all be at different levels and those are relevant.

If you both are owning powered Profilers you need to compare Monitor Output Volume and Power Amp Boost, both in dB. Other factors could be the level of Volume Pedal or the resistance of your cabinets. Perhaps one is running at 4 and the other at 16 Ohm.

• Thanks for the reply, I will try to adjust the volumes within the output menu.

Any idea what could be causing the insane amount of feedback? Needing two noisegates seems so over the top and the amp still squeals even then

• As indicated on the rear panel the ground is lifted, when the button is pushed in. So, the position should normally be out at "Ground". Then you could use these selectively as needed. Under no circumstances all in "Lift" position at the same time.

• The new Master Volume screen reflecting the individual output volumes for Main Output, Monitor Output, Direct Output, Headphone Output, SPDIF has been introduced to hopefully avoid the misunderstanding of your first paragraph:

The 0-10 scale of Master Volume had never been absolute - consequently not in dB - and yes, it's completely normal, that your Profiler is quieter at 8 than another at 3! The volumes of the outputs linked to Master Volume can all be at different levels and those are relevant.

If you both are owning powered Profilers you need to compare Monitor Output Volume and Power Amp Boost, both in dB. Other factors could be the level of Volume Pedal or the resistance of your cabinets. Perhaps one is running at 4 and the other at 16 Ohm.

Thanks for all your help so far there are a lot of things I can try! Just so I have a better chance at getting it right can you give me a basic walkthrough on how to change the volume levels within the output menu so that it is more in line with how it should be/ factory settings? I must have accidentally lowered it all at some point.

I'll make sure to look at the grounding as well if that could be contributing to the feedback issues.

• After a reset of global settings (Init Globals in the System Settings) all analog outputs start at -12.0 dB and are linked to Master Volume. You find these settings on page Output Volumes in the Output Section.

• I think you have 2 slightly unlrelated problems...

I suspect your gain is too high...you have a triple rec, with 2 tubescreemers which will all add gain and result in massive feedback, which you are partially controlling via the noise gate...I suspect without at low volumes its massively noisy??

If you don;t get this sorted, when you do get the volume you want, it will be massively uncontrollable. At high volume you can use less gain..

Volume wise, suggest you check:

Linked volumes ( as I found this can throw volume). I would unlink all first
    Assuming its the powered version, check power amp boost setting.
    Profile volume
    The level of any effects