JTM Profiles - Heavy Tones Bundle 2 - Josh Middleton

• It sounds great! I like your profiles so I use them. :thumbup:

There are six EVH 5150 III red channel profiles in the package. Do you remember which one you use?

What are you using for drums?

• I just got these, mostly interested in the Mesa profiles, very awesome mix-ready profiles. I just wish there were some notes or tags in the profile to let you know what is going on. No idea what cab, speakers, mic, any pedal etc.. for each profile.

My fave Mesa one right now is JTM-MUSA-DR2, but I have no clue what is used on it except the amp. Makes me use my ears instead of my eyes for what I'm expecting to hear for a profile, but wish I knew the details.

• I just got these, mostly interested in the Mesa profiles, very awesome mix-ready profiles. I just wish there were some notes or tags in the profile to let you know what is going on. No idea what cab, speakers, mic, any pedal etc.. for each profile.

My fave Mesa one right now is JTM-MUSA-DR2, but I have no clue what is used on it except the amp. Makes me use my ears instead of my eyes for what I'm expecting to hear for a profile, but wish I knew the details.

Josh actually shared the info about each of the profiles when I got in touch with him. I won’t reproduce it here in case he doesn’t want to. In saying that the DR2 profile is a Marshall 1960 TV cab with a Maxon 808. Josh has mentioned before he just rolls with a single SM57 most of the time.

• Josh actually shared the info about each of the profiles when I got in touch with him. I won’t reproduce it here in case he doesn’t want to. In saying that the DR2 profile is a Marshall 1960 TV cab with a Maxon 808. Josh has mentioned before he just rolls with a single SM57 most of the time.

Awesome, thank you so much for the info. I guessed it was greenbacks compared to the other profiles, but always nice to know for sure.

• Here's the video of all the tones demoed on their own

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi Josh, I've noticed in your solo profile tones video that you have the Kemper Global Pure Cabinet setting on and set to 3.0. I've always gone back and forth with Pure cab, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are on it.

I've got both your packs and absolutely love them, BTW. I've been following your videos for quite some time and your tone and skillful technique have caused me to slip into a deep depression on more than one occasion. (Especially the sweep picking video, haha)

Edited once, last by splat88 ().

• I feel like this needs a bump, because these are still my favorite high gain profiles to date for mix ready: live or in the studio... for anyone chasing album tones, the Krankenstein 6 profile is by far the closest I’ve heard to an Andy Sneap style tone... and I have a few Profiles actually made by sneap :) that profile is like the General this Godless endeavor style tone or some of the arch enemy style tones from that era... great job all around.

• This is an amazing pack there are two tones im chasing and thats Fear factory tones and Peter tagtren they both use Kempers i know Pete used a psa rack not sure if he profiled it but seen Pain and hypocrisy live recently and his tone was one of the best ive heard ever and he uses kemper but fear factory noone has done dinos sound,you would think in this day and age they would put ther profiles up.so we can buy them but in your pack do you have anything close that death tone was spoton.:)

• Snagged this amazing pack, yesterday! I can't wait to try it out, as I'm a huge Sylosis fan and all of your vids are just a huge inspiration to me to get back to playing again after a long hiatus!

Regards,

Jeff in Houston

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• I would say that's accurate yes. Both bundles offer that great balance of recording or live playing. Eqs already built Into the profiles and they sound immense, I really enjoy the Laney Gh100 or whatever model it is. I've picked out my 5 favs and have a performance built for both packs. They all sound as sick as his YouTube commercial demoing the tones.

• That's odd. I know I just previewed several of the Laney patches from this pack a couple days ago. I'm running the latest released (non-Beta) version of RM and the Profiler OS on my rack model. Are you all up to date on your installs?

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• So I’ve been playing with this set a bit. I find that I like to raise the gain on most of the profiles a bit to get that saturation. I’m using fluence modern pickups and feel like for a heavy tones pack I think they sound bit better with more gain?