how many rigs ?

• I believe the number is 999 - but don't go right up to that number as you might experience problems.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• the maximum number is 1625. 1000 in browse mode and 625 in perform mode. But in reality it makes much more sense to only store the rigs you really use in the Profiler and use the Rig Manager to host your rig library. Also memory space is shared between rigs and presets. So if you have a lot of presets the possible number of rigs might be somewhat lower.

• 999 Rigs in Browser Mode is the absolute limit. However, the maximum could be lower depending on the amount of other data (Presets, Snapshots,...). And different kind of Presets (Input, Effect, Cabinet, Stack,....) have different sizes. So, there is no simple formula. Practically, you should stay way below 999. Don't use the Profiler as a sound archiving machine.

• 999 Rigs in Browser Mode is the absolute limit. However, the maximum could be lower depending on the amount of other data (Presets, Snapshots,...). And different kind of Presets (Input, Effect, Cabinet, Stack,....) have different sizes. So, there is no simple formula. Practically, you should stay way below 999. Don't use the Profiler as a sound archiving machine.

That reminds me... I've been meaning to clean out unused profiles from my Kemper, as I think I have ~950 and it causes backups and restores to take several minutes.

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
    --Matt Groening

"Cannot run out of time! There is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite, this... is wrong tool. No, not good, no, never use this." --Zathras

• Surely 666 rigs would have been more metal?

You can store as many rigs as you want on your computer with rig manager, personally I find I really only use a very select few in reality.

• I have trouble keeping up with 30 of my Favorites... ^^

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I am wondering and maybe someone knows: does number of rigs/performances in the Kemper influence (.i.e. increase) boot-up time?

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

• I am wondering and maybe someone knows: does number of rigs/performances in the Kemper influence (.i.e. increase) boot-up time?

It seems like it does to me, but I've not timed it.

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
    --Matt Groening

"Cannot run out of time! There is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite, this... is wrong tool. No, not good, no, never use this." --Zathras

• I wouldn't think so only because it doesn't actually load up all the profiles on the "focused" screen (only one), but OTOH I do not know about what goes on in the background (memory) in a Kemper.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user