Graphic EQ stomp

• Hi Guys,

I read a lot about the Graphic EQ stomp and High Cut and Low Cut, Midboost for solos.... But I dont understand all the possible Pages from this Stomp. I am searching here in the Commnity but i cant found detailled information about how to use the stomp and how the parameters work together. I tweek Proifls a lot but never use the Graphic EQ. Maybe you could give me some explantion how I have to start working with this stomp (worflow)?

I use Kemper (powered) into passive FRFR cabinet in the Rehersal room. My Main target is to edit Profiles with the graphic EQ till they sounds good for my ears. At the moment I twerk the Profiles in the AMP Section with Definition, Power Sagging, Clarity and with the normal EQ nub bass, middle, treble, presence volume and gain.

Thank you for help

Edited once, last by magician ().

• The graphic EQ (and the Studio EQ) is for making much narrower changes than what the amp EQ can do. Each slider affects a very small frequency range - roughly an octave, but there's always some spillover. Try playing with just one band at a time, turn it all the way up or down, and listen for what "flavor" that adds/removes to your signal.

Also, I'd recommend having a look at the link in my signature if you're a visual person. Lots of pretty EQ pictures. :)

• The graphic EQ (and the Studio EQ) is for making much narrower changes than what the amp EQ can do. Each slider affects a very small frequency range - roughly an octave, but there's always some spillover. Try playing with just one band at a time, turn it all the way up or down, and listen for what "flavor" that adds/removes to your signal.

Also, I'd recommend having a look at the link in my signature if you're a visual person. Lots of pretty EQ pictures. :)

Thank you for helping and your link is great :) ... if you see this stomp 1st time its looks crazy but now i figured out some things and work witch each single band and i think the result was great only with adjusting the frequenzies a little bit (range between + 3db) and work on the high and low cut. Use the graphic EQ in the x slot in the effects section.

• Lokassenna,

That is a great paper of the various EQ parameters!

Have you ever tried to do the same on the classic MESA 5 Band EQ? It is obviously clear where the center frequencies of each band are on the Mesa but I have often wondered what the Q width was for these and whether it was possible to recreate this in the Kemper or in the EQ plugins of my DAW.

I'm now thinking it might be possible to run some white noise through one of my amps but send the output to my Two Notes Torpedo Reload and straight into Logic (bypassing any input from the speaker and mic) then look at the effect of moving the sliders on the Mesa on the spectrum analyser.

• Have you ever tried to do the same on the classic MESA 5 Band EQ? It is obviously clear where the center frequencies of each band are on the Mesa but I have often wondered what the Q width was for these and whether it was possible to recreate this in the Kemper or in the EQ plugins of my DAW.

Since I don't have any other gear worth examining, nope. The setup you describe should work fine, though.

I did find this: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/…x.php?title=Mesa_amp_tips . It's worth noting that the Mesa EQ is variable Q - the bands get narrower the farther up/down you go, which is why you can scoop 750Hz out on them without sounding like Dimebag.