I made a profile for ya'll! (GSP1101)

• UPDATE!! 2018-04-20

KEMPER PROFILE VERSION 3.0 UPDATE!

I have changed my "main out" set to -15db according to most recommendations and changed volume on Kemper profile accordingly.
    Showcasing the tones with short cuts from a few Metallica songs.

Blackened

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Battery
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Master Of Puppets

:cool:

UPDATE!!! 2018-04-19

Download link to Kemper profile version 2.0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hnc…4-19%2007-16-19.kipr?dl=0

I simply had to lower definition, lower the gain a tiny bit, remove a little at 2500hz and actually add a little HPF.
    Now they are very VERY similar.

Excuse the last minutes of nothingess, I forgot to setup the "end time" in my video editing software XD

FROM OLD POST:

I'm trying to tweak out a good live sound for Blazon Stone and I think I've made it!

So I also profiled it to my Kemper so I can have it at home at any time.

The sound demos starts at 0:30!
    No post-EQ or -processing on either Digitech or Kemper!

The tone is more of a "fits in the mix" type of sound, which is kind of the purpose of a live tone.

• Amazing man, Both the profile and that you found some thing you like :D
    I am going to be playing shitty versions of Blazon tonight 8o
    I think my beer gut makes guitar to far from me so i cant play as fast as you ATM ^^8o

GREAT MAN!!! THANK YOU!! I am just happy you found some tone, will you record with this too?
    I put this Blazon on kemper 1, i run the other kemper 2 with the Sinmix firebird rig you did.
    Both rigs make special colors together, i record this to show you guys when i get my interface.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hahah! ;)

We'll see, but yeah I like how it sounds.
    The GSP has more bottom end, but the Kemper has a little better string definition.
    So they are both good but with different pros and cons X/
    Maybe quad tracking with GSP1101 and Kemper left, and the same for right. :thumbup:
    We'll see what I do!

Thanks @Cederick sounds really great and nearly identical man. Will use it for sure! :thumbup:

I think lowering the Definition in the Kemper could get them closer, but I forgot about it when making the comparison!
    I might try it out today.

Sounds fantastic, Ceddy. Thank you for sharing, bud.

As you said, it'll sit nicely in a mix. ;)

Yup I use "conventional sounding" IRs first, but the LPF in the GSP is set so damn low everything gets muddy once it's on (and it's not adjustable!)
    So instead I first lowered the treble in the preamp a bit, and then looked for an IR that would be more dark sounding without being too bassy too!
    And I found it in the Royer R121 folder. I clicked with it instantly.
    Can't believe how good a non-tread guitar tone can sound in a mix!

By the way check this out!

Goddamn is this tone nice!!! (this is the GSP1101 original, but I'll try to make some Kemper updates with definition tweaking)

• Yay loudness!! , Akira Takasaki was playing neoclassical in the 70's before Malsteem, such an underrated guitarist exactly like CED ;)
    I still play solider of fortune what a Riff. Speed metal all the way baby!!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Thanks again!! :thumbup:

also... UPDATE!!!

Download link to Kemper profile version 2.0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hnc…4-19%2007-16-19.kipr?dl=0

I simply had to lower definition, lower the gain a tiny bit, remove a little at 2500hz and actually add a little HPF.
    Now they are very VERY similar.

(Excuse the last minutes of nothingess, I forgot to setup the "end time" in my video editing software XD)

• I watched the video all the way to the end HAHAHAHA!! :thumbup:
    This one has Balls :love:

I put yours on kemper one with Lars Mesa oversized cab
    I put reampzones JVM410__22 on kemper 2
    ( i run both at once)

the JVM puts more top end, yours gives so much chord definition.
    love this man, thank you so much

Ash

• Haha 8o

Actually I know this profile is kind of dark but I think my Irongear Steam Hammer pickups is what makes it really work.
    They are incredibly tight compared to all other pickups I've ever tried.

Also it's a concious decision because from my experience bright sounding metal distortion amps in a live situation seldom works out too well.
    It competes too much with cymbals and stuff. Better to have some loud low-mids instead.

• KEMPER PROFILE VERSION 3.0 UPDATE!

I have changed my "main out" set to -15db according to most recommendations and changed volume on Kemper profile accordingly.
    Showcasing the tones with short cuts from a few Metallica songs.

Blackened

Battery

Master Of Puppets

:cool: