Freeze/hold reverb with remote

• The delay effects - not the reverb effects - feature the so called Action&Freeze controls "Freeze" and "Infinity". These can be assigned to one of the Effect Buttons I to IIII of the Remote.

You just hold the Effect Button on the Remote and press the Soft Button "Freeze" on the Profiler front panel at the same time. Action&Hold assignments cannot be combined with effect module on/off assignments to the same Effect Button within one Rig.

"Freeze" and "Infinity" are explained in the chapter "Delay" and Effect Button assignments in the chapter "Profiler Remote" in the Reference Manual.

• Can I assign the "Freeze" option of the delay to a momentary switch running on the analog ports 1 or 2?

If so, how to?

Yesterday I tried to set the "Freeze" option to a momentary morph button, but the activation of the this particular parameter as morph didn't work ...

• If I’m not mistaken, morph functions only work with continuous controls not on/off switches like the freeze, would be cool though if you could.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I haven't tried it as I actually had the opposite problem. I was holding down the Freeze Button because I mistakenly thought it was momentary automatically :D I was so relieved when I found out I didn't need to hold it with my toe and then do some weird contortions to use my heel to trigger the boost pedal next to it:S

According to the manual though it looks like you should be OK

Action & Freeze

Besides toggling the status of effect modules, each of the Effect Buttons can also be used to trigger so-called "Action& Freeze" functions like “Rotary Speaker (slow/fast)”, “Delay Feedback Infinity”, or the Freeze function of most delayand reverb effects. To assign, simply navigate to the respective function within the effect e. g. “Rotary Speed Slow/Fast” within the Rotary Speaker effect. Now press the respective soft button above the display of thePROFILER together with and one of the Remote’s Effect Buttons. Done! Don’t forget to store the Rig to make yourassignment permanent.

Latched / Momentary

Every Effect Button on the PROFILER Remote supports an automatic latched / momentary detection: A quick press of the button will latch the assigned function - in other words, the assigned effect modules will change their on/off state permanently, until you press the button again.

However, if you hold the Effect Button for a second or more, it will automatically change to momentary operation. Momentary operation means that as soon as you release this Effect Button, it will immediately revert to the initial state. This behavior applies to on/off switching as well as to “Action & Freeze” functions.

• Hi Wheresthedug,

everything makes sense, since the manual always talk about the KPA-remote.

My KPA-remote is a 4-button solution connected to ports 1 and 2 on the backside of the KPA.

If it would have work, It would have worked, but it didn't.

Any other ideas? Or am I a silly idiot?

• I am sure you are NOT a silly idiot :) That's my job :D

I don't know the answer I'm afraid and I'm not at my KPA just now so can't fiddle with it to experiment. However, I don't think it is possible with the 4 button solution you are using. I think it needs the NRPN from the Remote or at least 2 way Midi to make it work. I could be totally wrong on that though.

• Can I assign the "Freeze" option of the delay to a momentary switch running on the analog ports 1 or 2?

If so, how to?

Yesterday I tried to set the "Freeze" option to a momentary morph button, but the activation of the this particular parameter as morph didn't work ...

All Action & Freeze functions can be toggled via one of the Effect Buttons I-IIII of the Remote or a momentary switch connected to one of the PEDAL jacks of PROFILER or Remote. You find "Hold" in the menu, which is the old name for Freeze.

• Any chance this the freeze/hold function can be assigned to a midi CC? Been looking around but have not found an answer yet. I'm currently using a Helix as my controller for the Kemper. Needed to integrate a Variax into my setup, so went with the Helix and sold my Kemper Remote. It was a sad day...

• Thanks for clarifying Burkhard... I had been using a previous OS and I was able to get it to freeze a delay to have a base layer, and then I was able to use a natural reverb while picking... it sounded super lush. Is there a chance Kemper will bring back the separate freezes for delay and reverb?