Can I sell my line 6 m9 because of the effects on the kemper ?

You haven't mentioned how your going to be using it? Recording at home? Studio? Live? Using a cab, FRFR?

That's why I'm hesitant to give any advice except to say try before you buy. because the Kemper is not really intended to be a replacement to tube amps, quite the contrary , the best scenario is using it with one's tube amps by making your own profiles. I still have my POD HD 500 and even though the drives and effects might not work well with the Kemper, but they work very well real tube amps. So for capturing profiles of real tube amps that you own, the Line 6 effects vastly expand the possibilities.

• That's why I'm hesitant to give any advice except to say try before you buy. because the Kemper is not really intended to be a replacement to tube amps, quite the contrary , the best scenario is using it with one's tube amps by making your own profiles. I still have my POD HD 500 and even though the drives and effects might not work well with the Kemper, but they work very well real tube amps. So for capturing profiles of real tube amps that you own, the Line 6 effects vastly expand the possibilities.

Yeah, fair enough. I'm just coming from the point of view that if selling it means getting the KPA or not, then it wouldn't be a huge loss. If he can try before hand that's the best solution! I'm pickin' up what your puttin' down though :thumbup:

• I have an M9 and only use it with my Mesa Mark V head. The reverbs on the M9 are better, IMO, but I'm sure updated reverb is coming some day on the Kemper.

From what I have read, the new Helix effects unit has better sounding effects than the M9, so I'd ditch the M9 anyway and, if the KPA's effects are lacking for you, get the improved Helix effects.

The only effects I really add to the Kemper are a Fulltone Deja Vibe and Clyde Deluxe wah for convenience.
    Everything else meets my expectations. I have no use for reverb, BTW

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• No.
    The effesct on kemper (distortions for example, sucks). Modulations are "just fine" delays and reverb are ok.

I find the distortion in the M9 suck as well. I would use the Fuzzface model in a pinch, but no digital box that I have tried has decent distortion... Until I got a KPA and use a profile with amp distortion.

When I want pedal distortion I have a pile of real analog pedals.

• In my very limited opinion, the M9 is a good effects unit.

However it is not at the level of the Helix or Axe or Kemper overall. So distortion sounds especially are not in the same league and although reverbs are not the best on the Kemper, the M9 isn't much better, if at all.

Compare effects on the Kemper with Helix and Axe, then yes they have the edge ( opens big debate on how much of an edge!) but compared to M9...nah!

Therefore I would ditch it but these are all our personal opinions so its up to you ;)