Digital in loop question

• Can someone give me advise? I have a Lexicon PCM 80 I want to use in the Kemper loop using digital I/O. If I connect the KPA SPDIF out to the PCM 80 SPDIF in I see the PCM is receiving signal.So that's okay. I then connect the PCM SPDIF out to the KPA in. I select stereo loop in the "X" but I don't hear the PCM. I dialed the mix settings without result. On PCM I have set effect to all wet. Am I doing something wrong?

Because the KPA SPDIF in didn't seem to work I used the analog out PCM to connect to the stereo in of the KPA. It works but it doesn't sound good. It seems like the input feeds the PCM again and at higher settings it is looping (feedback). I asume it is possible the connect the PCM this way without getting the feedback?

• You cannot use spdif for loop, spdif in is at main input position in the signal chain, not at loop return
    Alsso you connection cannot work because the spdif out is at the end of the signal chain (=main outs), AFTER the fx return of the loop, hence the feedback

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff