Newbie just bought a Rack Kemper...got some questions....

• I just picked up a non powered rack. Trying to use become familiar with this unit and getting a little overwhelmed. Basically looking to have programmed channels for : 1>Crunch
    2> Solo 1
    3> Solo 2
    4> Flanger Crunch
    5> Clean with Chorus and Reverb
    6> Harmonies Crunch

I plan to send a signal to the front house for them, plus I like to have a 1x12 speaker cab in back for my own reference instead of using the monitor wedge in front.
    I'm using a Midi foot controller to switch channels.
    Looking for some basic instructions on how to get started and recommendations on setting this up for my taste.
    Thanks!!

• Check out performance mode.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So in Perform mode, I can locate a tone and add effects, and store it at a particular location right?
    What is the basic difference between Browse and Perform settings?
    I like to use a volume pedal too, that goes in the loop as a stomp correct? Which one is suggested?

• Welcome..

You've acquired an amazing piece of equipment and I'm sure you're dead excited to get going.

Please do yourself and the rest of us a favour by reading the manual(s) thoroughly..

With power comes responsibility.

If there's something you don't understand after investing some time there are many great people here who will be more than glad to help.

Si

• Performance mode has 5 slots per performance ( for your different amp sounds/rigs) that you can call up, which is exactly what you need.

You can also include effects in there as well, either always on or footswitchable.

Check the manual on how to do this and that should get you started.

Not sure how the midi controller will work as not midi mapped anything...

• Thanks for the advice from everyone. I'm trying this tonight...hopefully. Lots to learn for sure.

I did read through the manual, and I have a question that I did not find in it unless I totally passed it up.
    I see there's a monitor out that is suggested for a speaker cab of 8 or 16 ohms. That's fine if you want to use 1 cab, and then send the Main Outs to Front Of House.
    But, I have 2 cabs that I would like to use on occasion when playing live. I was thinking the Main Outs will go to my Mesa 50/50 power amp Inputs, which will then run out to the cabs, but what about the FOH then? Would the Monitor Out go to FOH? That would then be a mono signal like mic-ing a cab correct?
    ?(

• The monitor out is not meant to go to a guitar cab, so the 8 or 16ohm is immaterial. That's up to your amplifier. You can take that monitor output to the effects in of any guitar amp, or to a powered cab.
    If it goes into a regular guitar amp/effects in then to a regular guitar cab then you'll want to turn the cab feature off in the Kemper.