STL - Lasse Lammert Pack

• Hey guys, so Lasse Lammerts Kemper pack has been out for a week or so. I'm loving them, what profiles are you guys using out of his latest pack?

• I've been using the Big Bo*ner profile for reamping some of the guitar tracks on my bands new record.

kemper rack with remote
    mackie thump12
    1998 gibson sg
    2010 gibson silverburst les paul studio
    2015 ibanez rgib6 iron label baritone

• I bought the pack the first day as I was a fan of the original free Kemper pack.

Love that you get the profiles of Gloryhammer!! I have to say I find these ones a lot more gainy and harsh than the first pack (and those were super gained too), but right now I like the NWOBHM and Metalgods one’s. There’s also a great low gain crunch JCM 800 at the end of the pack, can’t remeber the name. Was disappointed in the Fortin and Schenker 2210 profiles but right now I’m just trying these in a recording context. Have not tried through a poweramp into a cab.

I feel like I have to EQ these more or at least shave the high end and gain out of them, but what do I know, I’m not an album producer just a bedroom black metaller ;) there’s something for everyone in this pack, definitely geared towards studio use for a variety of styles.

EDIT: Just a note that I might have my distortion sense too high. I use an Explorer with 500T pickup that is hot and bright. The bass profiles on here are great too. I especially love the “Secret Sauce” bass profile with the gain turned up on my old bass. Fits perfectly with the profiles which is a huge bonus in this pack.
    I’ll play with my settings some more and revisit some profiles.

Edited once, last by nkay ().

• I picked this pack up today. it's really good. As far as STL's stuff goes, I'd put it up there with Bendeth's and Crummet's packs. Massive amounts of massive tone. If I was solely focused on heavy tones, I could probably get by with just this pack. The same can be said for some other profilers here, but STL's packs can be a very cool way to get a wide array of different sounds from different amps, but not too many choices, and all with the same ear behind them. It's really cool to hear their take on a bunch of different amps. And they often have bass rigs that are very very good (Lammert and Bendeth both have some really good ones)

It's kind of expensive, but it's better than the $50 he was selling a single profile for. :D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.