Finished mixing this recently!

• I’m not sure how many people here enjoy metalcore , but I recently finished mixing, mastering, and producing this album. I enjoyed the whole process (minus fixing the engineers mistakes ‍♂️). This is the first release off the album. I used kemper profiles on all of the guitar tracks except bass ( used a b7k ) . Lmk what y’all think! It’s far from perfection (obviously). As we know with art, it’s always a learning and growing / inproving experience. That mixed with time constraints and specificities of clients you end up having to make exceptions and decisions that maybe you didn’t want to? Lol enjoy!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well done, GN.

I only have my CrapMac™ mono speaker (with zero bass response) to listen through, but I was immediately-impressed thanks to your not having overdone the HF content of the vocals. I've said it many times here that I'm frustrated by folks' over-accentuating it these days. Sibilance tends to reign supreme, and for me the frequencies just above the typical 6->7k range (for male vox) are especially-annoying. My theory is that people chasing "air" allow those higher frequencies (8->12k) to add to the sibilant area, making it way-too-sharp / penetrating / cutting in nature.

You, on the other hand, have managed to tastefully control the 6->7k range so that not only is the level more-natural, but the quality of the sibilance is easy on the ear and doesn't exhibit the broad-band HF boost I speak of.

For this alone, I say very-well done, man! In addition to that, excellent job all-'round, mate. :thumbup:

Oh, and welcome to the forum, mate!