Mission Expression pedal cable question

• Guys,

I tried searching and couldn't narrow down the results to anything meaningful.. Anyway.. I just got the Mission Expression pedal ,can I use 2 TRS cables instead of one TRS and one TS?

Thanks in advance!

• Yes, you certainly can. It's easier that way, instead of trying to figure out which is TS and which is TRS.

A video I watched long ago insisted you needed one TS and one TRS, they're wrong.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• The TS cable is used if you want to stomp on the pedal to activate it. Sort of an on/off switch. The TRS cable is a must for using the pedal but can be the only cable needed if you plug it in slot 1.

• I have a TRS and a TS going to my Mission pedal from the Kemper Remote, had I known you can use (2) TRS, one for signal, and one for switching, I would've gone with (2) TRS.

I just swapped my TS cable for a TRS cable, the switching works the same as it did with the TS.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Expression pedals require three wires/contacts. Therefor Tip/Ring/Sleeve is required.

A mono switch like the toe switch in that Mission pedal requires two wires/contacts. Therefor Tip/Sleeve is suggested and sufficient. If you use a TRS cable instead, the ring contact and wire might be without function. That doesn't hurt, but isn't needed. And most guitar players have TS patch cables anyhow.