What fuses to use in the UK?

• As the title really. Just shortened all my rack cables, and was wondering what rated fuses everyone runs? My rig is:
    Line6 G90 into
    Korg DTR 1000 rack tuner
    And Kemper
    Then Matrix GT 800 FX

Any recommendations great fully received

• For what?

Is this all going into a multi socket? I use a regular 4 gang, no issue. Not sure what fuse but you are not running anything particularity powerful so regular 13 amp fused one I assume.

Why are you concerned?

• Just surge protection really, though I'm lead to believe its to stop the cables overheating! I've been advised to go 3amps in all the individual plugs, though I do think the Kemper ships with a 6?

4 gang is 13A fused

Paranoia was running overboard when I was shortening the cables! ;)

• If you're that worried, I would do what you suggest...put in 3 amp fuses and if they blow go progressively higher..

Personally I wouldn;t worry too much about it. the Kemper is protected and its just your power amp - its whatever it was shipped with..

• This is what a friend (electronic engineer, used to work for GCHQ, NASA etc... {really!} ) suggested:-

"Well...
    You need to see how many Watts each unit consumes, (it should be printed on the back of everything. If something says it consumes 240Watts and Watts=Amps x Volts then presumably it draws 1amp so go with a 3 Amp fuse to give you some head room for inrush and surge etc.
    I would have thought if it's effects and pre-amps then 3A would be plenty
    If you've got a valve amp it might need a bigger one...
    "

Went with 3A in the tuner & receiver, and 6A in the Kemper & Matrix in the end.

Didn't agree with my "fix-all" solution of wrapping the fuses in tinfoil! :)