Mystery profile: The George_Alayon "76 Marshall JMP*" - where is it from?

• Just as the title states. After buying a ton of commercial profiles, I stumbled back upon my George_Alayon profiles which are far better than the majority of my commercial marshall profiles. I have one that is named "76 Marshall JMP*". It sounds awesome... but I only have a single profile from this set and can't seem to find where I got it from as it's not listed on the Rig Exchange and I really would love the others (if there are any) from his JMP. Anyone know where this profile came from or how to get the others? Thanks!

• I only see that one that you are referring to, currently on RE.

He may have made many profiles of the 76 Marshall JMP, but only uploaded that one. He's got 143 profiles currently on RE, so many good ones.

• Damn... so it looks like there IS truly in fact, only one 76 Marshall JMP profile. Such a bummer, it sounds so amazingly old school Marshall. I wonder why he didn't release any others from that amp?

• Damn... so it looks like there IS truly in fact, only one 76 Marshall JMP profile. Such a bummer, it sounds so amazingly old school Marshall. I wonder why he didn't release any others from that amp?

from the (often overlooked) RE terms and conditions:
    "Even though we do not limit the amount of rigs you can upload, please be considerate and only share strong and quality creations."

• There are only 72 in that ZIP, but there are 143 on the Rig Exchange, which include those 72.

I grabbed them all last night one by one and after weeding out the duplicates (not sure why), it ended up being 136 for me ?(

No sign of any more of that amp though. George is a cool dude and must have his reasons for just the one profile, perhaps he'll weigh in and shed some light as to why that is. I'm not complaining, LOL, many good ones in there! 8)

• @BooUrns
    my point was that there is nothing wrong about uploading one outstanding Profile instead of a few dozen ones to sift through.

agree, though I never said there was anything wrong if it was intentional. Just that the one jmp profile was so amazingly vintage rock crunchy, I couldn't imagine a couple others with
    either a bit more volume (gain) or less volume would have been a total wash. Just seemed strange to offer a snapshot of an amazing sounding amp at only one setting / one profile. I can manually add or subtract gain on my Kemper obviously but you guys all know, it's not the same as that amp profiled accordingly. :) I got nothing but amazing props for the guy, I LOVE his plexis (his fenders don't do it for me), for my ears, they destroy the MBritts and topjimis and others... and had so many days where perusing profiles turned into several hours of sweat pouring classic rock noodling on a couple Alayon plexis profiles... which led me to yearn for more of that jmp :)

• Btw, I pmed George. He clarified for me - that JMP* profile was only a single one from that amp because it was a friend's amp who only let him borrow it for a short period of time and he only had a chance to wring one killer profile out of it in his limited time with the amp. Anyways, the more I play it lately with a LP / PAF pups, it's my absolute top favorite plexi profile not only of his but anything commercial I've tried (which is a lot) - it really sounds and feels like a really great vintage jmp head. To me through my xitone Mbritt cab, it shames TopJimi and Mbritt and TAF and ToneJunkie plexi profiles, can't say enough good things.

Edited once, last by BooUrns ().

• Not surprising, really.

George takes the utmost care when mic'ing. If he uses more than one, he measures their distances from the cone to the millimetre, ensuring that they're equally-far from the sound source in order to minimise phase issues.

He uses some very-good preamps for the mic's too.