Official Poweramp for the unpowered Kemper Head

• I got myself a Camplifier since selling the kemper and buying again a powered one means money loss and it takes so much time ...
    Overall i'm happy with the Camplifier but i'm always jealous about people with the powered one ...

i tried so many poweramps till now and only two of them sounded great ...

... and i see online many people with all kinds of poweramps that often sound horrible, that is not imo

IMO many people have the same problem and i really don't get it why there is no official product
    fractal and line 6 have the same "problem"
    the powered kemper and the bias head are the only highend modelers that bring a good poweramp with them

what do you think about that?

• Is this sound deficient in some way?

I'm planning on picking up a Camplifier 290 whenever I can, so I'd like to hear more.

The reason that Kemper Amps doesn't come out with an aftermarket power amp, like they originally planned to, is EU regulations. If someone fixes the amp at the back and gets electrocuted, the company doesn't want to be liable either.

• The powered KPA uses the ICEpower 250asx2 amp module. This amp is readily available in many consumer guitar and bass amps. You simply run your Kemper output into the effects return to bypass the preamp for a clean, unaltered signal. You can also build your own like I did. Plenty of info on how to do it on the web.

• Is this sound deficient in some way?

nope, i think it could be a bit brighter but i like it so far, it is just that feeling of "maybe the original is better" :D do you know what i mean ... maybe i can do a comparison soon

The powered KPA uses the ICEpower 250asx2 amp module. This amp is readily available in many consumer guitar and bass amps. You simply run your Kemper output into the effects return to bypass the preamp for a clean, unaltered signal. You can also build your own like I did. Plenty of info on how to do it on the web.

Awesome!! thanks for that info! where did you find that info?

• Awesome!! thanks for that info! where did you find that info?

It's not a secret, I found it on the forums here. I actually ended up going with the cheaper and less powerful 125asx2 version. I mostly play through a 2x12 so I didn't need much more than the 250w @ 8ohms mine produces. Another good thing about the 125asx2, I can safely go to 450w @ 4ohms without any fans or active cooling. Stereo is also an option with any of the ICEpower modules