Do most have “Bank 1” set up as Clean, Drive(rhythm), Lead(med.gain), Lead(high gain)?

• I have Bank 1 set up as clean, clean boost, gain(rhythm), lead(med gain), lead(high gain).
    Is this the most common setup when working with “banks”?
    Or do you have Bank 1 as all your “cleans” and Bank 2 as all your rhythm gains and Bank 3 higher lead gains, etc. ?
    I personally hate jumping through banks as I sometimes get confused where I am, haha.
    I think the confusion has more to with my (wedding)bandleader calling out songs on the fly rather then working from a stable setlist.
    You only have maybe a few seconds to locate the next song. blah!

Thats why I always prefer a pedalboard unit with at least 10 switches rather then bank jumping.

I also use pedalboard presets from right - left rather than vice-versa.

How do you configure each bank?
    Thanx, and please, at your convenience, continue rockin’

• Pretty much, left to right though!

Clean, crunch, drive, "special" (depending upon song), lead.

I think of each performance as a suite of sounds for a song, and page up/down accordingly!

Rockin' on! ;)

• One bank = one performance

I start with a morphed rhytmsound ( morph to boosted lead)
    Next is a morphed chrunch
    Next is a morphed solo sound with diff fx
    Next is a special fx sound like a violin or something special
    Next is a morphed clean with f. e. a chorus clean on heel and a pink floydlike clean on toe position of the morp pedal.

I use every sound with a morph inside, so i get 10 different sounds in one performance.

Morph is the holy grail!!

• I understand Burkhard's approach of one performance = one song but it's very hard to build a long gig this way and just takes forever with no editor. I never complained about the lack of an editor before but I have this big gig and the guy next to me is choosing his rigs with his Axe FX editor during every song during rehearsals. There is no way I can keep up with that on the Kemper, so my sounds are less precise. The gig is a one off, so the time investment to make 25+ songs is not worth it and the volume levels would probably be all over the place since there is little time to double check that at rehearsal.

Therefore, I usually have 2-3 performances of different flavors (one vintage, one more modern, one that is only Vox, one that is only 4x12 stacks) set in order of gain, only the last one is for lead in each performance. I have one performance that is only acoustic/nylon and one that is for weird non-reusable sounds. But then I have to remember which performance I used for each song.

• one performance = one song

I'm a minimalist
    for me it is one performance = one gig
    I usually decide something like "is this a Voxy or a Fendery or a Marshally kind of place" and then select an a appropriate performance set with increasing gain levels and all the same fx. Just like I used to with my tube amps...old habits die hard.

Only time I ever change performance is if we decide to play some surf...I have a special performance for that stuff.

• Morph is the holy grail!!

I also set up almost every preset with a morph of from 1 to 3 parameters. I don't set up every performance as a separate song as @Burkhard suggests, only for select special songs. I have a "Basic" set in Slot 1 similar in concept to @xxtwighlight but using morphs everywhere (even some to go from dirty to clean), but so I don't have to jump up and down to too many different performances, maybe 3 or 4 per band. I leave slot 5 for "special" sounds often.

Gary ô¿ô

• For each band I play I use 1 to 2 performances and morph for each rig.

With morph I have always a different type of the profile. (Solo or special effect.)
    The stomp button on the remote I do not use during a song . To much risk for me to fail.
    Morph is controlled by an extern button.

• I find it impossible to remember (or tell) what morphing is set for each slot, so I've not been using it much these days. I usually just create a new slot now.

Ditto! I got in a lot of trouble trying that lol. I now just use it to add some delay/reverb, much safer.

• Ditto! I got in a lot of trouble trying that lol. I now just use it to add some delay/reverb, much safer.

Most of my morphed presets are pretty uniformly set up, so I really don't get in much 'trouble' as you say. At default position (heel using an EXP pedal) I have whatever basic sound I need. At 100% morphed sound (toe position) I add gain, reverb, increase Pure Booster or Volume. These are my fairly standard morph characteristics, so I never get in much trouble. For some I'll increase treble and something else. Since I use EXPs for all my morphing I also get mid-morph sounds, which is a great added benefit. This approach also uses far fewer slots but allows for plenty of variety. Like @Sharry I rarely use the remote buttons onstage for fear of falling or hitting the wrong button.

Gary ô¿ô