Nailing the Gilmour tones?

• I have a good clean sound, using a Hiwatt rig from Rig Exchange. However, am struggling with the low gain Tube Driver sounds as found on the opening of 'Coming Back to Life'. The higher gain Tube Driver sounds and most importantly, the Muff sounds.

There's the Floyd patch which comes as a stock rig but it disappears in the mix. When EQ'ing, it just sounds really fake the more I mess with it. Any tips?

Half tempted to rent a rig and profile it, or buy a muff and Tube Driver clone to put in front of the Kemper, but that kind of defeats the object, for me.

Anyone have any luck? Tips?

• Hi, I don't have a Tube Driver, I'm trying to find a good profile that will get me those sounds. I found a Tube Driver pack, but they sound really thin in the mix. How do I make them sound thicker without making them feel and sound fake? Or are there any other TD style profiles around?

Also, the profiles I found are mainly higher gain, I need low gain TD tones too.

• The Tube Driver is a Tube Distortion and EQ. For the Tube Driver sounds, find a Hiwatt that is more distorted than the sound that you want, and then try turning down the gain to get the sound. You can add an EQ in a stomp slot, if needed.

Sorry, I get what you mean now, ignore the post above, I misunderstood you. That actually sounds like a really good idea. I'm not in front of the Kemper atm, but when I get home, I'll try that out. I wonder if the dynamics will come through in the same way, the Tube Driver oozes harmonics... I'll give it a try though, see how I get on. Thank you!

• When it comes to that classic David Gilmour Hiwatt Custom 100 sound, nothing beats his very own amp that had been profiled by Andy (TAF), including a Fane speaker loaded cab.
    Don't judge by the demo track! It's a small investment and you'll be very surprised how much of a difference it makes to other Hiwatt Custom 100 profiles out there. ;)

Absolutely, I have that amp, but am not convinced by the muff sounds or drive sounds.

I'll check that out, thank you!

• Earlier this year I saw this video Rhett Shull made on getting the a Kemper Gilmore. He's also got a dropbox link in the description section so you can grab up the profile for free. I think it may be up your ally:)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Have you seen these profiles. Made specifically for the Pink Floyd tones.

This guy makes them for his tribute band and sells them here, I can highly recommend them.

https://www.rigbusters.com/pro…all-pack-kemper-profiles/

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Earlier this year I saw this video Rhett Shull made on getting the a Kemper Gilmore. He's also got a dropbox link in the description section so you can grab up the profile for free. I think it may be up your ally:)

Thank you, mate. I'll check it out!

• I have them, too.
    Really good profiles!

• Bumping an old thread, but are the RigBusters profiles generally considered as the best Floyd profiles?

I dunno. I think they make creative use of the Kemper's effects to mimic David Gimour's rigs, but I am not so sure the 'bare' profiles themselves are accurate. I bought some of them and swapped other amps in and out when I was in a band that was doing PF covers.

• I have both packs and they sound absolutely great. A bit of EQ'ing was necessary but very minor and mainly due to guitar I guess, but digging into deeper levels is not necessary. "run like hell" and "shine on" are my faves at the moment. But that's mainly because I have too much amazing profiles and no time to go through everything ;)

Also keep in mind that the packs contain performances for every song. I like that really much as I prefer playing rather than organizing sounds in rig manager. I honestly believe that more commercial profilers should be doing that. If they profile an amp, they should choose a performance with their favorites. It's 5 tones! There are single amp packs with more than 40 profiles (not counting direct profiles). I have no problem with someone else choosing 5 top tones for me (+ another 5 with morph). The people who want to spend hours searching their favorites out of 40 profiles, great. I just want to play and if someone else did choose 5 top tones, fine by me! Sorry, a bit off topic but it's my current "going through hundreds of rigs" mood ;)

• External Content youtu.be
    Just to show that the Kemper is able of doing everything , this is my Floyd tribute band.I used hiwatt, mesa lonestar and Fender profiles.All the effects are Kemper