Something I probably shouldn't admit to doing with guitar plugins

• I've been replacing my guitar/bass plugins with the Kemper on my recent recording projects. What a difference! But instead of building up all the effects from scratch, I've become extremely lazy and have just deleted the amp and cab from inside the plugin, leaving the effects on the recorded Kemper track. It actually works great and makes this reamp process a lot faster.

Besides, I've spent too much money on those darn plugins just to never use them again...

Most of these plugins come with factory presets, it's just a matter of matching up the approximate (better sounding) equivalent on the Kemper and locking the effects off. Monitor the track through the altered plugin and you're there! For example, NI GuitarRig has some pretty wild clean effects which sound WAY better when applied to the KPA as opposed to their own amp modelling.

Just thought I'd share my lazy bad habits, you're welcome! ;)

• Don't think there's any right or wrong with these things, it's whatever works best for you. I personally love NI Guitar Rig and don't blame you for keeping some of its cool features!

My favourite pairing at the moment is a Hiwatt profile with one of the Valhalla verbs, gorgeous and glorious tone for hours!