FX loop issue volume very low

• Hi all!

I’m experiencing two weird “issues” with my KPA. I never have any other FX unit connected with the KPA but this weekend I was playing with the FX loop with no results.

Here is some background info:

KPA on the latest FW version (5.5.0.13341 Public Beta)

Guitar> input KPA > KPA with SPDIF (44.1 kHz) into USB Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (Gen1) > PC

In the loop I tried a Zoom G3XN or visual sound fuzz and selected mono loop with default settings ( Mix 100%).

I tried the zoom with only a delay selected and the FX loop volume is very low (almost not noticeable) and the direct sound bleeds in. Like it’s a parallel config with the fx set very low.

The other weird thing is I turned the volume of the SPDIF fully down but still heard a sound bleed.

Anyone any tips?

I’ve not opened a support ticket yet about this issue as I wanted to do some more research….

Cheers, Arjan

• try to replace the Zoom with a straight cable going from the direct out to the return and then toggle the loop on and off to see if it makes a difference in level. If it does not the issue is caused by the Zoom.

• There's a control to adjust Loop Volume, but only affects the output side of the loop. To get more send signal to your external device I think you need to turn up the volume in the Amp section of the Stack, then turn down the Rig Volume in Browse.

But it kind of sounds like it's an adjustment in the Zoom. I use both Mono and Stereo FX Loops all the time with both analog and digital gear. I had an issue with it being too loud, but figured it out. Everything works as it should now.

Are you setting the Zoom to 100% wet?

• There's a control to adjust Loop Volume, but only affects the output side of the loop. To get more send signal to your external device I think you need to turn up the volume in the Amp section of the Stack, then turn down the Rig Volume in Browse.

But it kind of sounds like it's an adjustment in the Zoom. I use both Mono and Stereo FX Loops all the time with both analog and digital gear. I had an issue with it being too loud, but figured it out. Everything works as it should now.

Are you setting the Zoom to 100% wet?

There is a mix pre/post option which lets you determine whether the loop volume affects the send or return signal. P157 of the Reference Manual has more details.

• There is a mix pre/post option which lets you determine whether the loop volume affects the send or return signal. P157 of the Reference Manual has more details.

Good info, thanks! This looks like a new feature since OS 5.1, even the tutorial video doesn't have it. It will sure make life easier for my situation.

• Ok I did some troubleshooting and found the fix.

first I rolled back to the Profiler Operating System 5.4.1 Release.

FX loop worked normal and no issues

Reinstalled versionPublic 5.5.0 issue reoccurred.

After going to all the option in the Output setup page 6/6 the Aux In>Main was set to 0.7

I rolled it back to 0.0 and it works fine again.