DittoX4 Users- slot X is louder [better] than Mod Slot

• Guys on kemper one i have a TRS cable from the input of the DittoX4 going to the Direct output/send of the kemper
    Then TWO TRS cables in the DittoX4 out put going to the Return input and Alternate input of the kemper
    With out this i dont get Stereo using my Stereo( :D ) Mission 2X12 FRFR.

Now when i use Looper Stereo in Slot X, i get a great volume and an even one
    If i use it (Looper Stereo) in the MOD slot, the volume is waaay lower and i have to really turn up the volume to make it audible
    I dont know why this is, maybe the Guru's will chime in and say DUH Ash :D
    Just a tip if your going to use the Ditto X4 this way, it goes better in the X Slot

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth: I cant spell some times only open beer ().

• Curious to know since you have powered speakers you are going into, why you don't just place the ditto X4 as the last in the chain before for the speakers? i.e. Kemper main outs -> ditto X4 -> speakers

• HI @nottoohigh Thank you for the suggestion, the the main outs have a stereo( red /white) TRS going into a single stereo cable
    https://missionengineering.com…nal-cable/?v=6cc98ba2045f
    So not sure how the Ditto connection will give me a good stereo out put signal this way (need 2 outs for stereo on the ditto,),
    but ill try it soon any how, thanks man :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• In that case, you could use this:

[Blocked Image: https://www.thomann.de/pics/bdb/181882/10924259_800.jpg]

Above is from Thomann.

So main outs from Kemper L and R go into corresponding inputs on Ditto X4 using standard guitar (TS) cables. Then from Ditto X4 you use the above cable to go into your Mission which as I understand it has a single stereo input.

that way your Ditto can get the full stack signal from the Kemper, so each loop will record everything the kemper outputs, effects and all, and in full glorious stereo too (added bonus kemper delays sound awesome if they are taking advantage of stereo).

This is how I wire up my Ditto X4 except I'm going into a mixer first so so I can just use 2 TS cables, but with your Mission, I believe above cable is all you will need.

• Thanks Brother, yes correct on the mission, ill certainly give that a try as that would mean i will have space on the effects chain (stereo looper not needed).

So Kemper main outs 2 standard guitar (TS) cables -> Ditto input (has left and right stereo input)
    Ditto X 4 output - Thonmann cable into mission cab.

I dare say you may be a genius man and i owe you a beer.
    Even if it does not work :D

Ash

• Plugged a simple patch cable between Profiler Send and Return and compared volume of Loop Mono in Module X versus Module MOD both with Mix 100%, Ducking at 0 and Volume at 0. Same Volume.

Plugged the patch cable between Send and Alternative In and compared volume of Loop Stereo in Module X versus Module MOD with same settings. Same Volume.

tested with varying FX Loop Level. Same Volume.

By the way the Direct out/Send is unbalanced. Therefor TS cable is sufficient.

• I just wanted to thank Burkhard for his great prompt response and taking an interest, i did not expect him to do that.
    Thank you Buckard and kemper team for looking after us.

sincerely
    Ash

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Guys i dont know if i should start a separate thread for this, but i may have figured how to make a dry signal wav file with the ditto/kemper by accident (maybe can be used for reamping i dont know) it came out as the dry signal i can tell you that much.

kemper -> stereo loop loaded into the X slot, i had looper stereo loaded BUT did not have it on just loaded in the remote.
    Here is the
    DittoX4 connection to kemper

DittoX4 out put side [on the back]
    TRS cable L->return input of kemper
    TRS cable R-> alternative input of kemper

DittoX4 input side
    DittoX4 TRS cable ->mono to kemper direct out (prob should have it in the stereo socket)

Now i just happen to have had too many beers (very rare for me :D )
    i played and did not have the slot X switched ON in the remote (okay i had plenty of beer lets move on :P )

So i played thinking that i had the looper X slot switched on the remote ...it was not
    i clicked the dittoX4 as to record the loop..(but did not engage the slot on the kemper)

so Ditto pedal was clicked to record loop 1
    kemper stereo loop was loaded but not switched on...

Guess what? it came out as a dry signal in a wave file :/:S !!
    I thank the beer gods for my accident. Maybe it will be of some use to some one...
    Maybe i should pay more attention in future . BTW just bought that cable in the post above ill try new connections and report asap

Ash