Boss GT-1000 released

• I played one briefly, it was a Roland rep prototype and it sounded really good. Smaller than I had expected. Very easy to operate.
    A huge step up from the GT100.

I plant to get one to leave at rehearsal place.

• I don't think it can match the Kemper audio-wise, but still... It has nice features that the Kemper lack:
    - Audio over USB
    - Midi over USB
    - Editor app controllable over Bluetooth
    - 2 send/return loops

• I think it will become very popular, I ordered one but hasn't arrived yet, but I have played one for a few hours and you can get very decent sounds out of it, I plan to use it for all fly gigs, and keep the Kemper and AXE II in the studio and maybe longer tours when it's mostly driving, the size of the GT is perfect for a carry on when flying, and the main reason I ordered one.

• I don't think it can match the Kemper audio-wise, but still... It has nice features that the Kemper lack:
    - Audio over USB
    - Midi over USB
    - Editor app controllable over Bluetooth
    - 2 send/return loops

I came very close with the GT-100 / GT-001 in terms of dynamics and feel, so I guess the GT-1000 will be a lot better. We'll see.

• I have never got on with Boss multi effects and assumed Helix/Axe and Kemper are all another level above - i.e. the difference between good and great...

HOWEVER, I have no recent experience of their products so really interested in your views when you get it as I suspect I'm totally wrong and they've advanced more..

Let us know ;)

• Each time a new digital amp box come out - I checked it out ....
    Korg, Digitech, Yamaha, Zoom, Line6, H&K, Boss, Fractal ....

... sometimes I liked it for a while ...

... but finally sold it and looked for the next box.

Then came the Kemper - and I don‘t search anymore

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Same here, can't think of any decent one that came out that i didn't buy, when the Kemper came out i was one of the first to order one.. kept it along the Ace FX for about 6 months.. Kemper was missing some effects i needed at that time ( Harmonizer etc) and I didn't trust the OS for live use.. kept using the Fractal, now still have the AXE and Kemper rack, but need something very portable and that's where the GT will shine i think/hope :)

• Same here.

The only things I kept are the Kemper and my Line6 DT25 combo. It uses the old POD HD algorithms as amp models but it has a very versatile Bogner designed power amp and a very well matched internal speaker. This combinations just works great.

The Kemper has been sitting in my small studio and the DT25 has been my grab'n'go solution for a couple of years now.

• I too like to watch YT videos for other new stuff. Since I live in a small town it's not very often I go to a bigger town and have the possibility to test out them out. It's always interesting and good to see all new things we never believed was going to be invented. There have never been better options than now. But yeah since I purchased the kemper my hunt for something better is other. Well except new guitars. :D

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I mainly use three profiles: Fender showman for clean, Morgen AC20 for crunch and Mesa Triple Recto for gain & high gain.
    If I can get these sounds for about 95% out of the GT-1000, I will sell the KPA.

• For me, my interest in the GT1000 is not about replacing my Kemper. I am looking for a decent unit to leave at rehearsal space, something my buds kids can use also as they practice there too.

• I picked one up last Sunday. The intent was to use it as an effects-only companion to my KPA, using MIDI from the KPA to select preset "pedalboards". I knew going into it that the effects were very good, but wasn't at all impressed by the amp tones in the demo clips I saw.

Well, spank my ass and call me Sally... With a bit of tweaking, the GT-1000 amps sounds are VERY good. Not quite Kemper good, but good enough that I've been using it alone and getting some really good sounds out of it. And yes, most of the presets are pretty bad for me. They're workable with a bit of tweaking, but out of the box they're not all that impressive after having a Kemper for many years.

Oh-and the spring reverb is really good. :)